Hi, why people keep telling me that I need to learn how to breathe when I am under some stress, or anxiety and panic attack? Isn't that the same when you take a deep breath and count to ten? Am I making a mistake? You are probably wondering why am I asking this? Maybe you already have guessed, I have problems with it and while I am getting older, it is harder for me to struggle with it. Anyway, I want to hear your opinion on what is the best calming breathing technique for stress, anxiety and panic attacks? Something that is quick, easy and really helpful. Tnx!

Oggy, people around you are totally right.  Breathing is one of the best and most effective techniques that you can apply. Equal breathing is the easiest technique to learn, so I suggest you try it. How do you do that? Well, you focus on the balance and all this start with the breath. In the beginning, you should inhale for a count of five, then exhale for a count of five — all through the nose - well that is important.   I know that you will hear from some people that you don't need to learn or that question "What do you need to learn, you are alive right, that means that you are breahting", but get real. 

Celebrity

According to the researchers, more than 87% of the people don't breathe properly. And when we say "learn how to breathe", that isn't the same thing like you are breathing every day, it is totally different. Abdominal breathing also can do a thing. It is deep, deep breathing, so I think that I really don't need to tell you about its technique. It is helpful before any stressful situation, like before an exam or date, it doesn't matter. But while you are doing this, keep in mind that sometimes it will be hard for you to set up the proper balance. It is something that you need to learn, trust me. 

When we are stressed, we all have the same, ugly habit - we breathe fast, our heart rate is going up, our blood presser is worse than ever. It can lead to serious consequences and that is why you really should learn to control yourself. When you are stressed, start with long, slow inhale...deep inhale. It is one of the most helpful relaxation techniques. Do that for 10 times. Also, you know when they say that you should count to 10 to get settled down? Well, that is it. Do this and breath at the same time. It is great. 

Breathing exercises are amazing things for stress relief.  They can be done like in minute and you can do them anywhere. If you have problems with it, you really should consider that one of those breathing techniques become your daily routine.  It should not be that hard, right? I mean, you breath all the time, your breath when you sit, when you stand up when you are lying on your bed.  Deep breath, with inhale and exhale for five minutes two times a day is totally enough. I don't know the name of this technique, but I know that it is more than helpful! 

Every calming breathing technique is good as long as you know how to use it. Simple. Here are the top three breathing techniques that you might find helpful.
The first one is so-called "the 4-7-8" breathing exercise is really simple. The good thing is that it takes almost no time. It also requires no space or some equipment and you can do it anywhere.
The next one is breath counting - count slowly to ten. Take a deep breath and do it again. The only thing that you need for this one is a calming place.
The last one is stimulating breath. It is similar to that breathing that you learn at yoga classes.

Follow the next steps:

• find a comfort zone, a peaceful place,
  • sit there and clear your mind from all those negative thoughts,
  • if you can't clear your mind totally, it is OK, you can always imagine beautiful things,
  • start to breathe, deep and count,
  • you should apply the technique of abdominal breathing that lasts for 20 to 30 minutes each day will reduce anxiety and reduce stress. 

This type of breathing has so many good benefits and if you are able to focus, you should be able to get rid of the stress, anxiety and panic attacks.

Try it and tell me did it work.