Can someone help me out, please? I thought that I can handle this all on my own but it seems like I can't, I am pushing people away from me this way and I'm not even getting better.

It all started one month ago after I broke up with my boyfriend. I don't even miss him anymore but my anxiety is still here. I'm afraid most of the time for no particular reason. I am not going out with my friends and some of them already stopped calling me. Please help me, tell me what can I do to win this fight against constant anxiety.

Hey Jill,

Your goal is to come up with tools that help you cope with anxiety both before and after you're suffering. You also need these tools to provide you with much-needed relaxation, rather than make your anxiety worse.

Consider the following two tips and strategies for preventing anxiety: exercise often (it's repeated time and time again how important exercise is for your mental health, and it simply cannot be emphasized enough), and re-learn breathing (most people don't realize this, but anxiety can actually alter the way you breathe. Those with anxiety tend to make faster breaths, or take in more oxygen than they need. This is called "hyperventilation" and it's responsible for many of the symptoms of anxiety attacks).

Hey Jill,

Exercising a lot can really help you. It can clear your mind. Think about it, you spend a lot of time outside exercising, making you feel tired later, but after you take a shower, you feel pretty much awesome. But you still feel tired and it is easier for you to fall asleep, which means that you actually have a lot less time to overthink stuff or to be worried or frightened about things.

Learning to breathe is also a good option. A lot of people forget how to properly breathe during their life so it's good to relearn these things.

Okay, thank you a lot for your replies, I am going to try getting back to exercising.

I was actually pretty much into sports before this thing happened. I was a so called athlete, I used to run almost every single day, I used to play every single sport if I just had a chance to, so I don't think that this is going to be hard for me. Basically, I just need to get back to the routines that I had before all of this happened. My breathing is okay, I mean, I told you, I was into sports, people who are into sports know how to breathe properly.

There you go, you are right, you need to get back to doing things you did before all of this has happened, as long as none of these things aren't responsible for your anxiety.

Become a member of a club, any club. It is going to help you be with people, and talk to them. It can be hard in the beginning but you can do it, I'm sure that you can do. If you start believing that you can do it, you are almost done, it's the first step towards getting better. Good luck, I hope that you are going to feel better soon.

Hello there. I am sorry to hear this, but we all in here have some problems like you. I have anxiety as well and I am sure that a lot of people in here are with same problem. Well, I will try to give you a couple of advice to cope with constant anxiety. Yoga is really helpful. It is very easy to learn how to do yoga and I am sure that with someone who is an expert, a good trainer, will help you deal with it. So, have you ever considered to try yoga? You should.

I absolutely agree with you. That is just one of the good ways how to deal with anxiety. I vote for meditation, but I know that it is a little bit hard to learn how to do it. You need to clear your thoughts, to set your mind free and relax. That is one of the ways to learn how to meditate. It can be hard but if you can't do it, don't force it. You can make everything bad. Try to do some exercises or yoga, like you could already read. That is also very helpful. Good luck.

Hi guys. Long time no see. You know why? Because I was dealing with so big depression and I was thinking that I won't be able to overcome it. I am good now and I am sure that I will be fine for the couple of months at least. 

You want to know how I was coping with constant anxiety? I was reading good books and I was listening to the relaxing music. I never believed that something that is that easy can help me, but it did. Maybe you should try those so called easy methods. They are very effective.