hello. my mom is having a problem controlling her anger issue. that all lead to stress and anxiety. she doesn't react well to the pills that doctor prescribed her for anxiety and stress so I think that we need to do something about it, that we need to help her reduce it. we don't know how so I am pretty much desperate and I seek help in here. I have heard about those techniques relaxation, so I was wondering how relaxation techniques can reduce anxiety and stress levels? is it effective, can it really help her deal with it successfully? 

Every relaxation technique affects your brain in a positive way. It is helpful and it works because any type of exercise will teach her how to recognize and reduce muscle tension. And when this happens, the half of the job is done. Relaxation techniques for anxiety are really helpful because you can relieve tension in any part of your body with the very easy work - with just tensing and relaxing each muscle in turn.You can find so many of them, they might won't work, but you can always combine some of them - they go great together. Also, it wouldn't be a bad idea for your mom to consult some doctor. 

Easily, because our body is responding to anxiety-provoking thoughts and and really stressful situations with muscle tension. You know that I don't need to tell you about this. Any relaxation technique can help you deal with the stress, forgetting about the stressful situation and focusing on something else. All those techniques can help you feel better, breathe much easier, it can also lower your blood pressure and the sugar in your blood. Many ways to help you, many great benefits and so many other things are the reason why you should choose one of those techniques when you are felling down. 

Celebrity

Hey there. Maybe your mom is going through a rough period at this moment. Somehow you need to tell her that for some people, learning to control their anxiety is all they can hope. Just to make this one thing clear - those relaxation techniques can't help her be healed totally. But it is sure that they can help her get relaxed totally. You should be there for her, telling her that you will practice all that with her - for example, find 30 minutes and try to relax yourself, to show her that this is OK and that she can do it as well. Maybe it helps. Good luck. 

Hello there. I am aware of the fact that she should visit the doctor, but I can't do anything to convince her to do that. I suggested her this move when I noticed for the first time that she is having problems with it, but she was refusing to tell me that she is OK and that she doesn't need to visit a doctor because he will tell her that she needs to visit a "shrink". I disagree, but she was so mad at me and she didn't talk to me for week or two, I can't remember. Maybe I will suggest her to do some relaxation techniques, I think that this will be OK for her and that we can do it together. Which one is the best, what do you think?

Step by step and your mom will admit that she is having a problem, trust me. The same thing happened to me. It is hard to admit that you have some mental issue because this is a mental issue. Try to talk to her nicely and I am sure that she will accept her situation. First, maybe you should suggest her that you two go to yoga classes. I vote for yoga, for sure. It has so many good benefits and you can read about it every single day. It is OK, it will help her muscles get relaxed etc. Try it. 

Hi.
May I suggest something?
Well, before you start with some yoga classes, maybe you should try to do some relaxation techniques at home with her. Of course, yoga is OK but you can learn so many things from her behavior when you practice some of those at home. For example, here is what you can do - tell her to close her eyes and concentrate on the breathing. When I say to concentrate, that means that she should slowly breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth. Tell her to squeeze her hands and she should do that for a couple of seconds. If she notices the tensions, that is good.
This is the experiment where you will understand what she needs exactly - relaxation techniques, anger control management or medications.

I love to call those relaxation techniques "self-help" techniques. Once you understand it, you will find out that they are pretty awesome. Well, relaxation techniques will allow you a physical and a mental tension at the same time, so they will be released. We all do know that tension is the body's natural response to the threat, and I love to say that this is a body alarm.  It can be a very useful response, but a lot of the time, so that is why it is very good to teach some relaxation skills. Once you learn it, you should practice them so you can be more prepared for the more stressful times and moments.