I have one really serious question for you guys, especially you who have experience with this case. My aunt has this small kid (Sarah, she is 7 years old) from her other marriage. She gave a birth to little Sarah when she was 47 years old. Yes, she was too old for it. From the begining, Sarah is having some problems. She has univenticular heart, and this stage was controlled so far. But the last examine showed that it is not that good and that Sarah needs to have fontan procedure. Can you answer me how invasive and dangerous is Fontan procedure?

Hello friends.

Well, this procedure is done in children who have abnormal hearts and cannot have their hearts repaired with two pumping chambers. Usually, this operation connects the veins bringing back the blood from the body directly into the lung arteries. After the Fontan operation for Sarah, her heart is used as a single ventricle that ejects the blood with oxygen in the body. The blue blood without oxygen coming back from the body does not go back to the heart to be ejected into the lungs as normal. It is flowing passively, directly into the lungs, without being pushed by the heart. This procedure is pretty much effective but it is dangerous as well.

Good day folks. Every procedure can be extremely dangerous for everyone who are diagnose with it. The "Fontan procedure" or "Fontan Kreutzer procedure" is a palliative surgical procedure used in children with
univentricular hearts. It involves diverting the venous blood from the IVC and SVC to the pulmonary arteries without passing through the morphologic right ventricle. Many children or adults who are candidates for this type
of surgery will have had previous surgery and / or catheter procedures. When children is diagnosed with this disease, it needs to be treated immediately. Remember that kids are weak. That is why you need to take
care of it.

Every procedure is dangerous and you need to know that at the beginning.Here is what you need to know about this procedure, you will know what to ask your doctor after it. The operation connects the veins bringing back the blood from the body directly into the lung arteries. After this operation, the heart is used as a single ventricle that ejects the blood with oxygen in the body. The main aim of this operation is to improve oxygen levels. It is going to happen by redirecting venous blood directly to the lungs. This produces separate the  circulations and a decreased workload on the heart, but means that only one ventricle functions as the 'pump' the blood. I hope that you get it.

Good day everyone. I am 67 years old, male. I had this procedure four or five years ago, trust me I just can't remember anymore. I was scared because this was the first procedure that I had, and I am older for having them. But tnx God I had so lovely and kind doctor, who explained me everything that I needed to know. At the beginning he told me that this could be very complicated because of my ages, but that I shouldn't be that scared because everything is going to be OK. I don't even remember for how long this operation lasted, but it was ok. Sure, the recovery process was a little bit longer.