Hey guys. My wife is really bad in the past couple of days. We are visiting doctors all the time and I don’t know what do anymore. They just sending us to another one and to another one. She is tired and I want to be a big support for her. The last doctor that we visited told us that there are some indicators that are showing that she has refractory angina.

How to diagnose it and how much dangerous it is?

I am scared for her, I am scared that she is going to lose her will to fight….

Hey there Big Z.

I am very sorry about your wife. I really hope that she is going to be fine. I just can’t imagine how you feel. As far as I can remember, your wife has a lot of health issues, she was trying to get pregnant but she can’t because of some medications that she takes, right? Good luck to you two, I hope that she is going to be ok.

Refractory angina can be diagnosed simply by testing and it can be diagnosed with some symptoms such as chest pain, pressure in chests, etc. Does your wife have any of those symptoms?

Hey guys,

When it comes do diagnosis of refractory angina, Big Z, most heart specialists focus on a very narrow diagnosis. What they want to know is whether the symptoms you describe are caused by blockage in the blood vessels that nourish the heart. They will want to know what the symptoms feel like, when do they happen, how they respond to GTN and other risk factors but they'll make the final diagnosis using tests which show up the blockages, angiogram or CT scan.

As far as I know, refractory angina, if you notice it on time, shouldn't be dangerous at all, and the treatment is pretty safe.

Hello everyone. It can be dangerous.

I am following your posts almost every day and I don’t know what to tell you and what to advise you about your wife. I hope that she is going to be fine and that you are going to be able to have that kid that you want so much…

It can be diagnosed by tests and analyses and this is only a way that your doctor finds out is this disease chronic or not (if she has it, I hope that it is not chronic).

Did she went to see the doctor?

What did he told you?

Hello guys. I don’t know what to tell you, I don’t know how she feels because she is trying to save me from being nervous because of her condition. She is positive and she is telling me that she is going to be fine. About your question – what else doctor told me, I don’t know what to tell you. He did tell me some info, he that wasn't much. He told me that he is going to do some analyses but that he is pretty sure that her condition is not that hard as I believe. And that the most important thing is that this is not dangerous. He told me that he believes at this because of the symptoms she “doesn’t have”.

I was wondering what symptoms she should have in this case?

Hello guys. Look, The Big Z, maybe you are scared too much. It is really bad idea thinking that only bad things can happen. Maybe everything is OK with your wife, you should wait to see the result of this test. I know that you are worried because in some cases it can be very dangerous, especially if you are dealing with chronic refractory angina. Still, it depends what symptoms she has but according to your doctor’s opinion, I also do believe that this is nothing hard in her case. Good luck to you two. I am positive that she is going to be ok.

Hello everybody,

There are a lot of ways now to treat refractory angina, but even with all those ways, it is still pretty much dangerous. The best way to diagnose one with a refractory angina is by doing angiogram or a CT scan.

When it comes to medications and treatments, beta blockers and calcium channel blockers are used a lot. There are also some new drugs that haven't been tested enough already but they seem to have showed some pretty good results so far. There is also this antiplatelet therapy and a lipid-lowering therapy. But even though there are so many therapies for refractory angina, it still represents a really big problem and a challenge for doctors.