My daughter has had back for  1.5 year. mri shows no skeletal injury. has had p.t. without any results. still has daily back pain now has started having numbness and tingling to legs. Pain medicine does nothing. unable to attend school due to the pain.

Sometimes a nerve can get pinched between two vertebrea (parts of the backbone) if they are subluxed (slightly out of place -- something that can happen easily and that most people never notice).  The person to see for this is a good chiropracter.  With luck the cure can be quick and easy.

For my back problems I use

***Post is edited by moderator *** Web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

.  They have clinics in various cities across the United States.  They talk to you, watch you walk and give you exercises.  The cost is $250.00.  It costs nothing to call and talk to them, their number is on the web site.

If I didn't have egoscue exercises I would have to spend most of my time lying down, and if I don't do them I feel it.

I hope you get this cured quickly.  It is heartbreaking for a young girl to be in so much pain, and Spring is just around the corner.

I have had back pain and numbness and tingling in my legs. It got bad recently when playing basketball. I haven't gone to the chiropractor yet but most people tell me it's called Sciatica. I find that doing sports stretches helps with the pain, and helps get circulation into my legs so that I can play basketball for a little. I find that my energy level is way below what i used to have while playing ball though. Just got surgery so after I rehab that will be my next issue that I will fix.

The stretches that I do are the basic basketball stretches. Legs, Hamstring, etc.

As far as I know, sciatica is pain in the buttocks and back of the thigh caused by something pinching the sciatic nerve. If it is pinched by the deep rotator muscles (that rotate the thigh bone) in the buttocks, massage therapists and shiatzu practitioners have ways to treat it. However, there are other ways the sciatic nerve can be pinched that I don't know about.

I do stretches for my low back, thighs and calves in aditon to the egoscue exercises, especially the day after I have been unusually active. The egoscue exercises were created by Pete Egoscue. If you type his name into Google you will find a list ofhis books and his web site. I still use exercises from his book, Pain Free, to deal with miscelaneous, non-chronic aches and pains that crop up occasionaly.

Nothing drains energy like pain in the back, butt or legs.