:-( what can i do to help my friend with her heroin withdrawls???

Be there. Just be there for her. Heroin withdrawls are awful.
Is she detoxing medically or on her own?
If it is on her own, she will do things that will probably scare the c**p out of you. She won't die from this.
I understand you completly and i know what she must be going thru.

Has she started yet, or is it just in the talking stage?
The title of your post says you have a friend who is addicted to heroin.
Your post says your friend is going thru withdrawls.
Either way it's an awful thing. The best thing for her if she can stand it, is to do it on her own. This will be the worst 3 or 4 days of her life.
If she is medically detoxing, it's not bad as she will be given methodone or suboxone to help with the cravings.
I don't agree with the "bandade" method, but some people need to do it this way.
If it is on her own, she will be sick. Cramps, diarreah, creepy crawly skin, shakes, sweats. It's not pretty. It's sad to see a friend or family member suffer like that. BUT........... if she makes it thru the first few days, she is on her way to recovery, and the worst will be over. Now she needs to find the strength to stay away from it all together.
Support from you and some counseling is good. Try to get her into a day treatment program where she can sit and talk to those who are in the same situation that she is in. There are drug counselors available to her.

My 27 year old daughter sits in jail as we speak. She is a junkie. She is addicted to Heroin. She detoxed again for the umpty ninth time in jail, cold turkey, with nothing but a bucket to puke in. No support, no one to hold her hand.
She will be arraigned this morning, 6/2/08. The Judge will let her out, we are sure. She has no place to go, no home, nothing.
Once again, my girl is on the street. She will be back in jail in no time, again to detox. Again to be in pain.
My heart is broken for her.
So, just help your friend as much as you now how. She needs you now.
Don't condem her, don't mock her, don't talk about all the wrong she might have done. She does not want to hear that. Just be her friend. She may not want to talk at all, she will not be in a good mood.
Just ride it out with her. That is a ride that you will never forget, trust me.
Good luck to both of you and she is in my prayers.

I myself am a former heroine addict. I struggled with it for about a year. It took 3 months for all of the withdrawls to wear off. I lost a lot in my struggle. I was depressed all the time. No one was there for me. If you could do anything for her, be her friend. A true friend that no matter how repetitive her problems may seem, just imagine what she is going through. I know, for me, it was like losing a dear friend. I was mostly afraid I wasn't going to make it through the day without the junk. All through this, I had to go to work everyday and function like a normal human being. I opted against rehab because I knew that if I couldn't beat myself, no drug or person could help me. After all the withdrawls stopped, it was like the weight of the world was lifted off of me and I felt alive again! I became closer to God on more of a spiritual level because I clearly knew that hell existed, so there must be a heaven. I'm telling you all of this because throughout her struggle, she will not. It becomes a question of self and will power. If I did it, then she can definitely do it. Be there for her and she will love you for it forever. Keep her in a clean environment and get her away from the people who are doing the drugs with her. If she does it by herself, get her involved in something to occupy her time that is constructive and interesting. I used my artwork as my release. Clean environment, means clean friend.

support her thru them...she may need supplemental aids like valerian root,melatonin,and ab vitamin complex all of which are shown to greatly assit in the withdraw process as well as meds like xanax to relax her thru the toughest times she faces. Allow her to rest but encourage her by day 3 to get moving even tiny amounts so her body can begin its repairing of self. she wont want to move but it grows less difficult by the hour if she will make herself. Offer fluids often.and encourage her to eat once past the sick stages in the beginning. Be proud of her and tell her you are. Be willing to help her into a hottub or hot bath and keep her warm when she feels cold until she feels hot and make sure to offer food. Eating is going to provide her with the needed things to give her body fuel to recover. Most importantly remember recovery isnt only the withdraw period. She faces minths of obstacles from cravings to having to reestablish her associations w people, own up to any thing her addiction may have caused people she loves and relearning how to live her life sober isnt easy but its made tolerable by a good supportive, honest and realistic friend.