Hi, I am a thirty seven years old woman. After some pain in my joints I went to see a doctor. The diagnosis was rheumatoid arthritis. Some medicine he prescribed me helped me a lot. Now, I would like to have a child. Since I have rheumatoid arthritis and I am planning to get pregnant, can you tell me will these two affect each other?

Hi, pregnancy planning is actually an early planning method used to create a healthy environment for the fetus. This will decrease chances for any pregnancy related problems. Rheumatoid arthritis will affect your pregnancy. But the pregnancy will affect your condition as well. It is very important to have pregnancy planning discussed with your doctor because you have rheumatoid arthritis. Your doctor should know about this so that he can determine the medicine that can be taken for rheumatoid arthritis that will not affect the pregnancy. There are also believes that your condition can affect women from conceiving. That is one more reason why you should talk to your doctor. Rheumatoid arthritis must be kept under control. When this is the case, there is no problem in getting pregnant and the pregnancy itself will pass without complications.