Hi - nice to meet everyone.

I have a LOT of pain in my hands and legs and was recently diagnosed (through bloodwork, x-rays and an entire body bone scan [nuclear test]) with rheumatoid arthritis.

For the last two weeks or so, I have been having problems with my right knee. I woke up one morning tried to stand up and went straight back down. My right knee was entirely numb. Since then my knee has been getting numb during all the time and I have just noticed that is swollen. I don't sit for longer than 30 minutes at a time at work and I try to put my legs up (timewilling) when I am home.

The numb feeling has increased and feels like it's my whole knee and not just the front part. Now, when I'm sitting it feels very odd, like it's numb and pain is starting - but the pain is very little. Just an uncomfortable feeling - I was wondering if I should wait another week or so to see if this gets worse or if I should go to the doctors now.

Thanks in advance for any help - it's greatly appreciated!

Alleen B.

I certainly wouldn't wait to see how much worse it will get. I, too, have RA and at times I feel as though my feet will not hold me up. I know it is then time to get some Prednisone (steroid) and it will ease the pain.

I have a similiar concern to Alleen's in regards to numbness in the right knee. Was there ever a diagnosis or suggestion as to what could be causing the numbness?

I have been using MSM for more than 15 years, due to numerous health
conditions including Rheumatoid Arthritis, Fibromyalgia and a
Nerve Problem in my low back. I have found that the MSM Sulfur
supplement provides me with much more relief from the pain and
inflammation, than any of the numerous prescription medications the
doctors have tried giving me. MSM can be purchased at any store that
supplies nutritional supplements. Due to my personal experience with
MSM, I would highly recommend the pure MSM powder, rather
than the tablets or capsules.

I have muscle aches and joint pains all over but recently my knees have been sore in back. My hands have been stiff but not really any pain. My doctor is sending me to a rheumotoligist because a blood test that they did for lupus came back elevated. The doctor said that the rheumotoligist would be looking for other things as well. Any ideas or thoughts of what this sounds like?

Thanks for information