When child is affected with inflammation of one joint on leg, can it also be child arthritis? My son is 10 years old and since last 2 weeks has developed pain in knee and swelling. He had mild fever that lasted several days. My husband had child arthritis when was 10 but recovered completely. Is this hereditary disease?

It can be completely curable disease. Childhood arthritis can last for several months and to disappear forever. It is actually not know that childhood arthritis run in families and that can be passed from parent to a child. There are many types of CHA and some blood tests are done to check the cause of inflammation, physical examination should be done and rheumatologist is the one that makes the diagnosis, according to x rays that is required too. I had childhood arthritis when was a kid, I don’t exactly remember much things about that. I know that it lasted about 2 months and never again had any symptoms!

I had Pain in my knees when I was about thirteen years old. I went to the doctors the first time about it. He said I was fine nothing to worry about. I would get these pain in knees for about a week long. It happens at least once or twice in a year. I went back to the docters twice. Both doctors said I had arthritis. Now years have past I never experienced the pain for a long time. Hopefully its gone for now because the pain was pretty bad