I have to admit that I am having problems with sleeping these days and it is mainly because of some problems at work. Anyway, this has started affecting my sleep which is making things worse. So, before I start with some meds for my insomnia, I think I might give it a try with herbal meds. How does lavender help sleeping?

It is a smart thing to avoid heavy meds first. Lavender actually helps with relaxation, it is used for aromatherapy, and you might consider spraying your pillow with it which will lead you to a good sleep. Still, if this does not work, you might seriously consider some medications, if you cannot deal with the stress at work.

The researchers found that lavender increased slow-wave sleep, the very deep slumber in which the heartbeat slows and muscles relax. During this phase, the brain is thought to organize memory, as well.