My sister has to do grave yard shift, wherein she has to work during the night, is there a way to remain awake during that time, she says she feels so sleepy at work that she cant concentrate properly. And when she is back from work and wants to rest, she is unable to sleep. Does anyone has a remedy to this?

Hi Lorendsa! I think that your sister should try harder to sleep over the day without any sleeping pills if possible. I suppose she's a young women so maybe she could manage to avoid the pills. She could try some alternative ways to get sleepy :-) . There are some herbal remedies for sleep. Chamomile and Lavender are often used for relaxation and can be found in many forms including sprays and oils that will scent the bed and bedroom. By trying to create an environment that is conducive to sleep, the mind and body are encouraged to connect and prepare for a restful night. There is aromatherapy which uses essential oils that are prepared for individual requirements. The effect of the oils and the calming action of the massage create a sensation of relaxation, calm and comfort that help encourage sleep. Smell is a powerful sense and different scents may help recapture memories of more peaceful times and a sense of wellbeing. In Chinese Medicine there are around 6,000 herbs used to treat a number of conditions and restore harmony. If all that don't help she should consult her doctor who will proscribe her something stronger. All the best to you!

Thanks for the remedies , I will ask her to try it out, but where can I find this aromatherapy oils?

Hi there! Well I think you should find them in specialised stores, but all drug stores should normaly have them, even supermakets (the bigger ones), nowdays they sell everything in supermarkets :-) . Normaly, aromatherapy oils are stored in tiny glass bottles so it's a bit harder to find them in all those shelfs. Take care!

Hi !! Thanks for your suggestions, I will check for the aromatheraphy oils in drug stores, but which one do you suggest should be ideal, I have heard of lavender, chamomile, etc etc. Is it very expensive?

You're welcome! I don't think I should be mentioning any drug store names on this forum, but you can go to the nearest one. I use lavender oil and it's really good. I haven't bought it myself, it was a gift from France, so I can't tell nothing about the price, but it shouldn't be expensive.

Hey Lorendsa, Ask her to take PROVIGIL whenever she wants to stay awake. provigil is also know as (Modafinil, Alertec, Modavigil, Modalert, Modiodal, Modafinilo, Carim, Vigia) is an analeptic drug manufactured by Cephalon, and is approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the treatment of narcolepsy, shift work sleep disorder, and excessive daytime sleepiness associated with obstructive sleep apnea.