For the past 3weeks or so I've been experiencing a stuffed nose, mainly at night when my head hits the pillow. I also tend to snore really loud then. the rest of the day runs smoothly & I'm even able to smell normally. what could be the reason? pls. help.

Hello ash,

depending on your age, and since your experiencing breathing problems only during the night, it seems like they are more related to your sinuses, rather than being caused by an infection. You might want to visit your doctor and get the nose swabbed, so they can do a culture and check for any infection that might be present.

In the meantime, it could help to sleep with your head elevated, or to sleep on your side like in fetal position - to avoid snoring,

Wish you all the best

Nicole

You can try out Nasal strips for snoring that is caused by nasal congestion or nasal airway obstruction. Husband is a LOUD snorer (coming from the throat), he uses a mouth guard. I, on the other hand is a MILD snorer, caused ba nasal congestion and so I use a different product. I use slumber guard nasal strips.