I admit that I am so afraid for my husband’s life. He has been diagnosed with the uveal melanoma last week and has already started with medicament therapy. But the doctors said that the meds will not be enough and that some additional therapy has to be started. How effective is thermotherapy for uveal melanoma?

Uveal melanoma is really a serious condition and as such deserves the utmost attention of both patient and the doctor. Thermotherapy is just one of the several possible treatments that are used here. And just as we do not know why uveal melanoma occurs (although there are indications that males with light color eyes are more prone to this condition), it is also not known how the therapies battle this problem. But I guess it is not that important as long as the chosen treatment works.