I have noticed recently that my wife has some weird skin marks she never had before. Those skin marks are reddish large spots alike all over her legs and I’ve also noticed the two ugly moles on her lower left leg that has some weird red circle around and looks like have been injured. She is terrifying for she thinks she might be having melanoma and now I’m pretty much concerned regarding those skin marks. Could somebody help with info about melanoma?

It is important for her to visit a doc and get a proper diagnose for the results of treatment are much more effective if the possible melanoma is treated on time. If those moles have changed their outlooks lately that it’s not a good sign if they are reddish or multicolored or have changes in size and texture if they itch, hurt, crust or bleed then she better go to see a doc as soon as possible. Usually the patients with melanoma are directed to a dermatologist to check up on possible cancer skin cells and he would do a biopsy that means removing the part of the mole or the entire mole that would be examined under the microscope by the pathologist. In my case it turned out that I had cancer cells and was diagnosed with melanoma but fortunately the cancer didn’t spread to my lymph nodes so they weren’t removed. My melanoma area is been treated and I go now on my regular screening test for melanoma once a year. I have also escaped post op therapies such as immunotherapy, radiation therapy or chemo which is usually performed in more severe melanoma conditions.