How good is your long term?

I am 50. I can remember playing on the livingroom floor with my first toy..a plastic toy train. I also remember playing with my Raggedy Andy in my crib. I remember playing with blocks on the livingroom table, matchbox cars, my first plastic glue together model plane, my first bike and a wealth of other memories.

I wish my short term memory was as sharp.... :?

How far back can you remember?

I can still remember getting hit by a car walking home from kindergarten. And I remember my mom losing her mind reading the note the crossing guard pinned to my shirt saying that I got hit but appeared to be okay....

Bigwheeling around the pool as fast as I could.

Trying to have deathmatches with my cousins (still my best friends) at the ages of 4,3,and 2.

Playing doctor with the cutest girl in school when we were in kindergarten (she was 6, I was 5; little M59 = )

I remember when I was 3 falling down some uncarpeted stairs that headed to a rooftop balcony.

When I was 3 I ran to the front room to wave goodbye to my father leaving for work. I tripped on the bedpost and just as I was regaining balance from that I tripped over the window screen on the floor in front of the window. That sent my head through the window giving me a big cut on my forehead. This was in 1943 when gas was rationed so most people didn't have driveable cars. Luckily the woman who rented the upstairs apartment from my folks was a nurse so she had a car with gas and rushed me to the hospital. I remember being taken into the room at the back door and sitting on a table. Then someone wheeled what looked like welding tanks in and placed a mask on my face. Next I remember being at home with my mother telling me I had 13 stitches up there on my forehead. The doctor was apparently not as skilled as they are today because I still have an overlapping scar over my left eye.

I also remember a long hot car trip some time before that and being passed to an old man with glasses standing on the steps to a house who held me for a short while. That must have been my mother's father but he died before I was two.

I remember falling down the stairs when I was still in diapers and my older sister pointing and laughing at me. :squint:

i remember being 4 years old and drinking a cup of syrup at my brother's request.

i remember my first day of first grade and what i wore and what my "bookbag" looked like and precisely how long i cried for my mom that day -- just about till dismissal. :umno:

i remember my 5th birthday party loud and clear.

that's a long term memory lemme tell ya.

I only cried for about an hour when I discovered she went home after I was seated. No book bags then, maybe they had not been invented yet. Walked home for lunch and didn't want to go back.

When I was even younger than 3 I remember my brother dipping my pacifier in hot sauce.

Tee, hee, hee, hee!
I'm sure you even when you got older.

I can rememebr my Mom being pregnant with my brother...I was almost 3 I guess.

I remember yesterday...

...I think.

I am 62 now and sometimes can't remember what I did yesterday! My very first memory is a photo of me in our living room when I was about 3 or 4. It was me kissing my dad on the cheek. I can see it and remember it like yesterday. I remember the brown leather (which I doubt)! chair that he was sitting in. I remember all of my childhood. They were such happy times. Sadly dad died 33yrs ago, but I still see his face. The photo and all of those happy memories fill my heart.