Places I have run out of gas:

1. On my way to work, as an 18 yr old, I worked at a gas station
2. In the drive-thru line at the bank with cars behind me.
3. In my own driveway while backing out to leave for work
4. On a local highway, 7 miles from home, 10 pm at night
5. Pulling into the parking lot at work. I coasted into a parking spot.
6. I've rowed a few boats that ran out of fuel in my lifetime also.

I haven't run out of gas in a long time.

This one REALLY cracked me up for some reason...

Going over I-40 at Old Hickory Blvd exit during rush hour.

I did manage to lock my keys in my car with the engine running while I was delivering pizzas one night.

The car I had as a teenager had a broken gas gauge. :umno: It is the only vehicle I've run out of gas in, and it happened somewhat frequently. 1. I too have run out of gas in my own driveway, while attempting to go to school. I got detention for being late. :x 2. Coasted to work one day. Literally coasted the last little bit, but I managed to make it in the parking lot. 3. On the side of the interstate, one cold snowy night. I had told my dad I was going to the video store to rent some movies, and I really went to the pool hall 30 miles away.Boy was he cranky when he came to get me. :umno: :LOL: First question was: "How much gas do you got in that thing?" Me: "A FULL tank!!" Boy was I surprised when it started right up after dad added a little gas..... Needless to say after that episode he made me pay to have the gas gauge fixed. It cost me $100. I only paid $300 for the car!! :hysteria:

Has only happened to me once, and it was on a pretty remote road in Upper Providence Delco. Lucky for me, Local PD happened upon me, and took me to nearest station. At the time I was working for the county radio, so of course everyone I worked with knew about it

I have NEVER run out of gas. What is up with you people!!!!

Yeah, we know...........
:LOL:

:fubby: this thread is teh fubby

i've never run out of gas.

IN YOUR OWN DRIVEWAY!! :LOL:

IN A BANK DRIVE-THRU!!!! i must try this some time. :LOL:

i love driving on E for the thrill but i must admit you people are all my heros :banana:

You are a wild woman! :hysteria: :fubby: :teehee:

:fubby: this thread is teh fubby i've never run out of gas. IN YOUR OWN DRIVEWAY!! :LOL: IN A BANK DRIVE-THRU!!!! i must try this some time. :LOL: i love driving on E for the thrill but i must admit you people are all my heros :banana:
The x wife was with me when that one happened. She found no humor in having to get out and help me push the car up to the window so I could get some cash and then pushing it out of line.

I ran out of gas while attempting to leave the parking lot at work. I got my friend nearby to bring me a gallon of gas and he laughed his head off when he saw that I only got about 2 feet across the line.

That's the only time, but when my battery was shot, my car died in traffic and I had to push it to the side.

In the late '70s, I had a timing belt give out when I was about an hour's drive out of Sudbury (the middle of frickin' NOWHERE), Ontario. Fortunately it happened right in front of a salvage yard, and they were able to get it fixed in two hours or so.

A few months before that, I was in NC Wisconsin when I got a flat. While changing the tire, the back end of the car burst into flames. Not exactly the middle of nowhere, but it took the nearest fire department about a half-hour to get there.

:umno:

The wiring in the one car I owned was a bit on the suspect side. It caught fire in the trunk once when the x had come to pick me up from work when I was on 2nd shift. I walked out of work to find a couple of security guards hosing down my car with fire extinguishers.... Had to drive home with no taillights or brake lights. I've had more car issues from the late 70's and early 80's than I could probably ever remember.

It was high school and it was impeccable timing as the tank ran dry a block from a station and I coasted to the pump 8)

Other than that, I did go dry once crossing Montana. Knowing it might happen I had a gas can in the back. Sure enough, driving through the night, I kept coming across closed stations, so ended up having to use the gas can to finally make it to civilization.

You're gonna have to get more creative than that. I've embraced my senility on this website....