since you were a kid?

What did you absolutely hate when you were younger and now like or even love?

For me it is dark chocolate and stinky cheese. Even up until about 3 years ago I couldn't stand either--too strong. Now I absolutely love dark chocolate!

And a good gorgonzola sprinkled in my salad with raspberry dressing is fantastic!

And I am happy to report I can tolerate cooked olives. (only the black, though--none others)

So, do share?

Most vegetables. Hated when my parents made me eat them, now I enjoy them.

Asparagus! Now I think it's great cooked or cold from the can with French dressing or vinegar. When I was six I wasn't allowed to go to bed one night until I finished my serving of asparagus. I refused. We had just moved (again) and had bags of laundry piled in the dining room -- Mom found me asleep on those the next morning. Did I ever mention that I'm a Taurus? :) I'm still coming around on cheeses...don't care much for Cheddar and can't stand American, but Mozzarella and Pepper Jack rawk.

my grandmother was really good at getting me to try new foods. I'm sure I eat things now that she hasn't ever tasted.

Cheeses are new to me too. I eat brie, and bleu cheese, feta, etc. I make a killer Asiago/caramelized onion pizza.

I eat more veggies than when I was a kid. I love asparagus, broccoli, spinach. I still can't go brussel sprouts. And sauerkraut is fairly new to me, maybe been eating it about 3years now.

Result of my grandmother's insistance that I try new foods: when we go out to a fancy restaurant, I look for the most unusual dish.