Hello everyone. My daughter has some weight problems. She is 22 years old and she has been having this problem since she finished high school. She decided to try some diet called 90/10 diet. Do you know anything about the effectiveness of this diet? I really have no idea if this diet is going to help her since I never heard of it before. Anyway, I want to help her as much as I can. The thing which I can help most with is preparing meals. But since I don’t know a lot about this diet, I don’t know what she is allowed to eat and what foods I can prepare for her. If you have any recipes for this diet, please share them here.

Here is one breakfast suggestion- Healthy Egg Muffins. You can make them for her in the morning and if she is in a hurry, she can easily take them to work. You will need ten eggs, one serving cooking spray, half cup of shredded mozzarella cheese and three vegetarian burger patties.

The preparation is very simple. You will need to preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Make about twelve muffin cups by using a cooking spray.

Next, you will need to beat eggs in a large bowl. When that is done stir cheese and crumbled burger into the eggs. Now it is time to fill the muffin cups to so that they are like ¾ full.

Bake them in the oven until the egg is cooked in the center.

I have a recipe for Creamy Smoked Salmon Pasta.

The ingredients needed:

Four tablespoons of butter,

ten ounces of smoked, chopped salmon,

half finely chopped onion,

two tablespoons of all-purpose flour,

half cup of grated Romano cheese,

one cup of frozen, thawed and drained green peas,

two teaspoons of garlic powder,

half cup of drained canned mushrooms,

two cups of skim milk,

and one package of penne pasta.

Now the instructions- Put some salt in a large pot of water and bring it to a boil. Add some pasta and then cook for eight to ten minutes .

Next you will need a large skillet, put some butter in it and melt it over medium heat. Then saute onion in butter until tender. What’s left is to stir flour and garlic powder into the butter and onions. Progressively stir in milk. Heat to boiling point or a little below it, and then stir in cheese until you notice the sauce is smooth. You can also stir in peas and mushrooms if you like. Cook all of that over low heat for four minutes. Add smoked salmon, and then continue to cook for three more minutes. Serve over pasta.

I was following this diet so I pretty much have the recipe for anything that you can need. Just tell me the name of the meal and I will write down the recipe for you (if you have any special desires).

Are you more interested to hear recipes for dinner, lunch or maybe  some desserts? I remember when I was on this diet, this was my favorite recipe – Orange Dream Shakeology.

You will need half cup of water, one cup of ice, half cup of 100% orange juice,  half teaspoon of finely grated orange peel and one scoop of Vanilla Shakeology .

Now, you wanna place orange juice, ice, Shakeology, orange peel, and water in the blender. Cover it. Mix it until it’s smooth. That’s it!

And here is my second favorite. Chia Greek Yogurt Pudding

For this dessert you will need:

one cup of unsweetened soy milk,

one teaspoon of vanilla extract,

two tablespoons of hulled hemp seeds,

2/3 cup of chia seeds,

two tablespoons of ground flax seeds,

one tablespoon of honey,

one cup of Greek yogurt

and one  teaspoon of ground cinnamon.

Preparation is very simple. Just whisk soy milk and Greek yogurt together in a large bowl. Make sure you have a seal for it. Now stir cinnamon, hemp seeds, flax seeds, honey, and vanilla extract into yogurt mixture.

After you’ve done that stir chia seeds into yogurt mixture and mix it with a spoon.After that,  cover the bowl  and put it in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. Stir mixture again. Refrigerate it for one hour least.

You know what is also great? Butternut Cake. It is sugar free.

You will need:  3/4 tablespoon of nutmeg, 2/3 c. of olive oil, 1 cup of cooked & mashed butternut squash, 3/4 c. of maple syrup , one tablespoon of cinnamon , three eggs, two tablespoons of Greek yogurt, 3/4 cups of flour, 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder and one teaspoon of baking soda.

First, make sure you oven is turned on to 350 degrees. Now beat the oil and syrup, mix them together.

Then add eggs and yogurt. Mix that to, beat well. Next thing you need to do is to stir the flour, baking powder and baking soda in. Now you will wanna add spices and squash. Stir it all together.

Prepare to bake by spraying a nine inch pan. Pour the batter into it and bake for about 40-45 min.

As for the cream cheese frosting you will need: one soft 8 ounce package of cream cheese, half teaspoon of cinnamon, quarter cup of maple syrup and one teaspoon of honey. Just beat it all together until it’s smooth and you are done.

Thank you all a lot. I completely forgot about this topic, and today when I visited the site I was very surprised by the number of new replies.  I love all your recipes. Maybe Butternut Cake is my favorite. It sounds super delicious and I think she will love it. And the preparation is quite simple, but even if t wasn’t, that wouldn’t be a problem for me since I really love to make cakes.

I will definitely try making her Healthy Egg Muffins for breakfast, we will see if she likes it.

And Sam I_am, I don’t have any special desires, I will appreciate any recipe that you can share. Maybe some ideas for lunch wouldn’t be bad to hear.