I had an abortion 3 weeks ago and didn't quite follow the Dr's advice, "no sex for 2 weeks" I've already started birth control so I was concerned being in a monogamous relationship about STDs. But, my test came back positive for chlamydia. I know that after an abortion you may change your "flora" could this be the reason the STD showed up? My fiance and I had been tested every sixmonths for 2 years before this happened. How did I get this STD???

i completely understand i have been married for 10 yrs. and both myself and my husband are 110% faithful i was diagnosed with chlamydia. how did i get it? i do not know but every question similar to yours and mine i see, never get a satisfying answer. i was retested because of my disbelief and will get the results on fri my husband was tested last night and will get his in one week i have read 19 pages on this forum and other couples that were manogonous have had the wife test pos. and the husband neg. i am terrified of that myself. i truly believe there has to be another way to be able to get chlamydia other than sexual contact but it has just not been figured out yet. i even tried to find out the origin of it, and came up empty handed. sometimes i wonder if it might be given to some people? somehow. i am hoping i was misdiagnosed because i have bee 110% faithful to my husband and him to me as well. well i hope you can have better luck with your research than be good luck

Hi! I see that you wrote this a year ago, have you got any answers? I have been married for 8 years, my stds test came out positive for Chlamydia but my husband's was negative. I don't understand how I got it. I also had an abortion, so I'm thinking that I probably got it during or after the abortion process. We have a great marriage, I don't think he was unfaithful, besides he's not infected, only me :(

Yes it is possible that your partner test negative and you test positive Chlamydia is basically a bacteria infection so some times it can show up on a screening as chlamydia