So, almost a year ago my girlfriend (which I had been with for 10 months at this point) went for her to her gynecologist because I had a rash on my penis, which I had my doctor look at and he said it was just an irritation and to put some Cortizone cream on it and this was in June 2011. When my girlfriend got her results back she tested positive for Chlamydia. Her doctor gave her the pill form, and I just called my doctor's office assuming I had it too and he prescribed Azithromycin, the one you stir up and drink.  We both had follow ups to make sure it was gone. I went back took and pee test and came back negative and so did her follow up. But her doctor was telling her it was a strand on Chlamydia that was only 2 weeks ago, and that I cheated on her 100%, and was being unfaithful. Which is not true at all. I have NEVER cheated on my girlfriend nor even thought about it and I know she has never cheated on me. The question is how did this come up? I don't understand. We've had vaginal, anal, and oral sex (both protect and unprotected but mostly unprotected). The only way I can think of is maybe contracting Chlamydia by having anal and vaginal sex, which I'm not even sure is possible. Or right before I started talking to my girlfriend now, I had a blow job by a girl I knew back in august 2011. Which then Chlamydia would have had to been dormant for 10 months, which I'm also not sure about. I've been trying to research it, and everyone is saying one of you had to of cheated. But this isn't the case there has to be another explanation.

We continued to date even though she thought I had cheated on her, no matter how many times I tried to tell her I never did. Everything was still going good, but now we just broke up (June 2012, 1 year later) because she just couldn't get over the whole Chlamydia thing and not being able to trust me.  Please someone help me out, this whole thing has ruined my relationship of 2 years.

I have not the slightest of ideas nor inquiry, but I feel so sorry for you, but I believe (as far as I know) sex is the only way to contract it. That's why it's a STD. So sorry.

I believe one of yous had to of gotten it from another partner maybe before you had gotten with each other. That is the only way to catch an STD.

75 percent women have no symptoms of chlamydia! So you or your gf either one could have had this from a past relationship. I had chlamydia n I found out about it with my current bf and it ended up being my ex of 4 months ago that gave it to me!

same thing happened to me and my boyfriend says he didn't cheat on me

vaginal an anal intercourse can and if done enough will transmit "C'....C can also lay dormant for 10 months easily......it can also be transmitted orally under ideal [open sore] conditons.................the doctor.....did you both a dis service by ASSUMING you were unfaithful as oppose to C laying dormant.

i have chlamydia too and me and my bf have been dating for about 2 months and thinks i cheated on him knowing i didnt. Because im always with him and i dont have the time of day to do it okay and before him i had sex like 5 to 6 months before him so there would have been no way i would have cheated aand i used protected sex with everyone ive had sex with and that was 5 ppl willingly the first time having sex was rape..... but i went last year and i came back negative i went and got on BC ( birth contol ) and then friday of april 4th of 2014 i went to the doctor and got back on BC and then they say im clean b4 i leave then they call my today april 8th saying i have chlamydia i dont understand and i told my bf that is 21 about to turn 22 and i am 18 bout to b 19 but anyway i tested positive and i dont undersatand why i guess it was through oral cause i used a condom with the other ppl but my bf and he was only with one other girl b4 me and they always used condoms.... im scared i havve some antibiotics but only 2 which i think is kinda odd and i have a feeling he is ganna leave.... and i dont want him to i love him way to much i would b devastaed we have been throgh so much within the last couple months.........

my wife had chlymeida 8yrs ago from her bf before we married.shes pregnant the drs are taking precautions as if she still has it even testing me have she been cheating with her old bf and got scared

I'm sorry you are going through this. I Googled this because I'm going through the same thing right now but I found different articles aging there has been a lot of false positive results when it comes to Chlamydia. They said they treated a VIRGIN nun and a VIRGIN teen for Chlamydia.

I just tested positive for Chlamydia. I am newly married and my husband either gave it to me or I gave it to him. Chlamydia often shows no symptoms so my husband and I was not aware of it. Either way, there is no need to dwell on it. We both had sex partners before where either one of us could have gave us chlamydia. The most important aspect to remember is that you are treated and cured.

I honestly believe that they haven't done enough research, in regards to Chlamydia. My ex and I broke up, over a year ago, bc we got it and he believed in cheated. We got it fixed, but the trust was hurt andhe broke it off. I was completely faithful, in every sense, actually, and I believe he was, too. What makes me believe, and what made him think twice of not trusting me, was that we slept together about a month ago and had unprotected anal; he got infected, but didn't tell me until he thought that maybe I wasn't lying the other times. I went to get tested and everything came back negative. That's happened more than once, actually, and I wasn't infected all of those times, after the first & second time we tested positive. Have faith and believe, don't let something good get destroyed by something we can't explain.

You could of gotten chlamydia from the girl who gave you a blow job. It can be passed thru oral, anal, and vaginal with an infected person. And so if she gave it to you, and you got it, (because its a blow job) then you gave it to your girlfriend. Or maybe your girlfriend cheated on you? But I believe your story about how you didn't cheat. Chlamydia hardly shows any symptoms so you could have had it for 10 months and not known.

She cheated on you bro. Didn't have the balls to admit it. Made sense to blame it on the guy with the rash.

Same thing hear which i dont understand . me and my fiance been with each other for a year and half. No one has cheated. At all.. We are faithful from the beginning . just recently i went to the dr for abdominal pain. My dr did a cultural .. And turn out postive for clyamdia all of sudden. I am waiting for my fiance to get test. Both can start treatment
Could even be a flase positive.. Maybe other partner but that would be like two yrs ago. Since either of us cheated.. Its rarely odd. Ive been iud and the depto shot never in my life i was postive for clyamdia. He not the cheating type im not either. So this quite strange to us.but gonna still take the proper processing to get clean. My next pap is coming up in a few weeks.

Did u give it to your current boyfriend ?