Hi. My baby is 6 months old and I know breast-milk is the only food for the first 4 to 6 months. But he wants more. Should I breastfeed him more? How long should I breastfeed? Anybody with experience?

Hi. There is no such answer. Some say breastfeeding should be continued for the first year of life and beyond, as long as mother and child want it. Every mother and every baby are different. The benefits of mother`s milk are clear. Some say baby should be weaned to a bottle after a couple of months. I was breastfeeding my baby for a whole year. I think a mother should do it for as long as she feels it is good for her and a baby.

I would say as soon as you are able to sit up at the table and lift a bottle like a big kid, you should probably stop bread feeding. Those nipples can only take so much of that, OK? Good luck.

i am in favor for child self weaning and have done that with 3 kids of my own. So, please continue breastfeeding as long as you can and on demand

Hi, Mothers milk provide complete nutrition to the baby. So just continue with breastfeed for your baby.

Thanks

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use