Hi, I have a question that I don't know whom to ask. My almost two years old daughter still loves breast milk. I breast feed her because she likes it, but I worry if this is normal. What should I do? Should I try to wean her off breast milk, or let her drink it until she likes it?

Hi, there is a common opinion that breast feeding is necessary until a baby is six months old and more than welcome in the first twelve months. At least that is what my pediatrician told me when I had my first child. He also mentioned that I could continue to breastfeed my baby until he likes drinking it. In time, as the newer foods were introduced to his diet, he really stopped asking to be breastfed. And when he did I was able to distract him so he stopped asking for it permanently. He was twenty eight months old when I finally weaned him off breast milk. So I would advise you to do as I did, because there is nothing wrong with you or your baby. In time you will be able to wean your daughter off breast milk.