Hello Everyone!

I would deeply appreciate if someone could shed some light on this subject!!

I smoked weed for a year and a half and then I quit for almost 2 years, i only smoked on weekends at that time. I was dumb enough to get back into the addiction and smoked for 3 months non-stop, everyday and almost all the time. After going out of weed and having an awful Anxiety attack, i stopped for good.

I stopped smoking weed 6 days ago and cigarretes 12 days ago (I began smoking cigs 1 year ago too.)

The thing is, the first 2 days without smoking weed were HELL for me. I couldn't stop vomiting and I lost 5 KG. I ended up in the hospital with intravenous cause it was impossible for me to eat without puking everything. I had panic attacks at night and I just wanted to die.

After a couple of days, i recovered my appetite and my anxiety attacks decreased a lot but i still get very depressed a lot at night.

I used to smoke before going to bed, does this have anything to do with me having this weird depressing sensations at night? The sad feelings have decreased but it still makes me wonder if these feelings are here to stay or if this is just part of my body and brain getting used to working out without the THC. It's still hard for me to sleep though.

BTW, i keep myself busy all day and i just don't want to take sleeping pills or anything else. I was very addicted to Pot for the last 3 months and i don't want to swap an addiction for another one.

I'm still dealing with that "seeing everything foggy" sensation and I'm trying to get back my life the way it was before I began to smoke weed again. I don't feel the need to smoke anymore, after dealing with all this, weed is out of my life for good.

The question is, has anyone dealt with the same stuff before?

Will it take too long for my body and perception to get back to normal?

Thanks a lot to anyone who takes the time to read this. I appreciate it a lot with all my heart.

Hi MrM

I have recently stopped smoking weed for the second time. The 1st time was after smoking non-stop for 15 years. My advice is to get yourself some camomile tea and valerian extract to help you chill out before trying to go to sleep.  Try and get yourself some good vitamin  supplements and make sure you drink loads of water.

I am 3 weeks in and slowly feeling back to normal. I think it's going to be a couple more before my sleeping patterns return to normal.

The most important thing to remember is that you will feel normal again soon and that's its just your body adjusting to live I went through this last time and stayed off the skunk for 15months before falling for weed again.

Thank you very much MrH. I'm getting some camomile tea and valerian extract!
Wish you the best of luck and I hope you get well soon since your situation is far more difficult than mine!!

Thanks you so much for the reply!

I am going through the exact same thing as you. It's been 3 months since I quit though. And I still have anxiety sometimes but I control it so much better than before. The depressing feelings and not being able to sleep and eat should be gone after 2 or 3 weeks of not smoking. As for the anxiety and foggy feeling, I take vitamins that really help me to make me feel energized and just better all in all. I also had a problem with taking pills and growing dependent on it but I realized you're supposed to have vitamins in your body and some people just dont create enough naturally with their body so since Its more of a natural thing, I didnt have a problem with it. Plus I only take every couple days and even that makes a big difference. I also drink this thing called neuro bliss which is also natural vitamins and there are different ones you can take like one makes you sleepy, one makes energized and one makes you feel happy. and its all just natural vitamins! I would also exercise or do yoga if you feel your anxiety is unbearable because I swear it helps. I hope this helps and if you need to ask anything else, Ill be than happy to help :)