I will try to make this brief. I am 29 and have not smoked pot in almost a year. I smoked heavily for almost 10 years, every day. When I initially quit I suffered from depersonalization and severe anxiety. I pushed through, stayed clean and improved my life. I am eating better, exercising and having many days where I feel good, almost normal. 

My question is for long term smokers who have gotten sober and their recovery. 

Do you feel 100% yet? And if you do, how long did it take you to get to that point?

I do not feel cloudy or have memory issues, I am very intelligent and smoking pot was a way of coping with life, which I have now replaced with sensible life practices. I feel most concerned about the anxiety I am still experiencing very frequently. I just want this to stop and I try not to focus on it, but I feel that maybe others have gone through this and might have words of encouragement.. 

Also please be realistic, if you still feel badly, let me know, so I can know what to expect.

Thanks so much

Too Posted by Starzinhereyez on 02/09/2015 @04:04 AM  Frist off i am vary happy to here that you have STOP'T SMOKING POT  .. you ask the ?en the vary frist day that youstop smoking your boddy will start geting wall ..and tthe longer youdont smok is good for you ..you can get to 100% if you do wate is good for you ..like eating good food ,drinking good drink"s..and being with good persons ,+ have your famley that love's you and a good GF with you  and hope you want mined me saying if you will go to a church that you like that will be good for you .. I will close by saying my GOD be with you and i will pray for you each day .. as you go thru each day of your life..thinking of from Miss SAM in southeast GA I am sending you a :-) Y face for good luck.. have a vary good day and a safe da

Same story here. I smoked for about 12 yrs, very consistently and heavily. I felt like I was seriously addicted to the drug. Whenever I would quit I would feel really bad, couldn't sleep, and so on. I recently quit and don't intend on smoking for a while, or possibly never. Currently suffering from extreme anxiety. All my friends smoke weed, all the time. I tell them that I quit because it was making me go crazy and they all said they don't have that problem. They don't seem to understand. Its hard when you live in CA and seriously everyone my age smokes or has smoked weed. It's a total epidemic and its just going to get worse as full legalization takes place. I feel really bad right now. I hope the anxiety will go away. I have severe pain from medical issues and that's why I was smoking in the first place. Very difficult. Good job for not smoking for a year! I want to be able to never smoke again but it seems so difficult to do so since so many people I know use it. I have to disconnect from everyone who smokes and its hard to do that.

Hi there!

I smoked heavily for 8 years (from 18-26). I am almost 14 months weed free and I still haven't recovered. My head still feels heavy, I have brain fog, severe anxiety, memory issues, sometimes depression ... I don't know if I'll ever feel normal again. I am very sorry that I ever put joint in my mouth. 

I wish everybody good luck.

14 months weed free and still have anxiety? I am terrified now.

Most of the people have problem of smoking for a long time. It is hard to over come it but not impossoble. To overcome anxiety you can visit any counselor.

I feel that that counseling does not work for everyone.