I have started to ride a bike. I don’t know how much to train. None of my friends are cyclists so I have no one to ask for advice. I want to become a good cyclist and am ready to train hard to achieve that. How much hours do you ride? I would like to have some idea as to how much do I need to become a racer.

It is good to know that there are people who are not afraid of hard work and dedication. Contrary to that, many of the wannabe champions drop down at first sign of hard work. Don’t worry. If you have strong desire and good coach you will be able to achieve good results. I ride my bike some 2-3 hours a day. Sometimes less and sometimes much more. It depends on your short term goals and spare time. I suggest you start slowly and gradually work up to longer distances and higher speed. Also, you can go to the nearest cyclist association and look for some more experienced colleagues who can provide some valuable tips.