I have a few questions. I’ve seen that many cyclists shave their legs and I’ve decided to do the same though I’m an amateur cyclist. My girlfriend doesn’t want me to do that because she thinks it’s very masculine to have hairy legs. What do you think? Please don’t laugh at me and mock me. I just want to do everything properly.

Many people think it’s funny when cyclists shave their legs, but there are several reasons for that. One of them is, actually, aesthetical because legs look much better and attractive and each muscle can be observed when they’re shaven. Although I’m a female I like it very much. Clean shaven body is always more attractive. Cyclists shave their legs for sanitary reasons also, because scratches and injuries are more easily treated when there are no hairs, and the chance of an infection is less. Some say that top cyclists shave their legs in order to improve their performance, because they move more smoothly through the air. I don’t know about that, and even it’s so, the acceleration is in milliseconds and it’s not important to you because you’re a recreational cyclist. You can try shaving your legs and see of you like it. If not, grow your hairs again.

I am not going to laugh but I think there is no need to do that. You do something if you want, not because of the others. If you want to shave legs, shave it, but will that improve your cycling? Not much.

Male body hair removal is usually just a matter of personal preference. Some guys like to be clean shaven all over, and others like to let their hair hang loose. Either way, there is going to be someone or other who finds you attractive just the way you are. 

For cyclists, body hair removal makes you slightly more aerodynamic. I think it doesn't really matter in terms of performance if you are an amateur, but for the Tour de France, there is a difference. Maybe try it once and see whether you like it and it makes a difference? It will just grow back if you don't shave it again either way. 

I have Very much hair on my legs I don't find to be an discomfort or need to have them shaved....I mean what they are like chest hairs...

as far as showing off is concerned I'm not one and I don't like to wear shorts...

I guess it will depend on you if you're distracted with your hair on your legs then go for it, I mean shave it. In my case I really don't like shaving, since for me hair shows masculinity and everything(on legs of course and chest)

Well, I have been a cyclist for over 40 years and have been called all sorts of things regarding my hairy legs. The hair on my legs started growing about when I was 12 or 13. (cycling since the age of 7) I am not a club cyclist so I have never shaved my legs, as I am only a recreational cyclist, doing it for fun and simple exercise and not worrying at all about how hairy my legs are. It's the same with swimming, many club swimmers do shave their legs for the same reason that cyclists do, again if your not in a swimming club there is not need to shave your legs, I do agree with your girlfriend that hairy legs on a boyfriend is more masculine and manly than if he shaves the hair off, UNLESS he is a serious club or professional cyclist, otherwise do not shave any hair off.