I would like to train with mountain bike. I am just not sure how to do it. I know that it requires some specific approach but I am not sure what it is. I would appreciate any help with this. I have stumbled across some workouts designed for pros. I don’t know if they are good for me. What do you think?

Cyclists usually take one of the following approaches. They try and follow the program developed specifically for some professional or they just jump on the bike and ride as hard as possible with their friends haphazardly. The problem with the first approach is that their programs are developed by the laboratory trials and field tests performed on them. Their programs are designed specifically for them and rarely can fit the needs of the rest of us. You may have hard time following such a program and cannot hope for good results. On the other hand, just riding hard with your friends can enable you to reach only 70% of your potential. Your training will not prepare you for all the situations you may encounter in mountain bike racing. You have great chances to end up either under trained or over trained. However there are specific programs designed for average riders which cover all aspects of mountain race and prepare you the best possible way. Paul Bragenzer developed such a program and I suggest you give it a try.