I didn’t have any idea how many different types of gear exist! I’ve bought a bike and I though I’m only a recreational cyclist I want to have a well equipped bike, and I was surprised to about various types of bike pedals. Can you suggest me which to buy in order to have a smooth ride and to avoid pain in my legs?

Hold your horses! If you’re only a rookie, you don’t have to hurry and invest too much money before you see how it all functions. I think that the pedals on your bike are good for a beginner. After you’ve learned how to cycle properly, you can start thinking about improving your bike and personalize it so that it fits you. There are three types of pedals – clipless, cage style pedals and platform pedals. I reckon that clipless would be just fine for you. They’re used for track and trail riding and they’re pretty good for uneven terrains. They offer stability and your leg muscles will be used properly but you won’t have cramps. I’d suggest Shimano PD-M324 clipless pedals made of aluminum.