Can you tell me what average speed on a 50 M ride is? I have no idea what should I be focusing on and what speed I am supposed to try to achieve. This is my first long distance ride and I really don’t expect much, but I’d just like to know for approximate orientation. I won’t be trying to break any records. 

Hello! I don’t know to tell you this precisely, but I think that I achieve no more that 10 mph not only in long distance races, but also on shorter distances. I’m also not trying to be faster than that and I don’t think that I should be putting so much pressure on myself. It’s only a race and I’m riding it for the sake of pleasure not some rat-race competition where the only thing that matters is whether you won or not. Of course, I don’t want to say that it’s bad to wish the victory, but we all know our limits, and in my case it would be a bad thing to wish anything else than fun and a healthy recreation.