I like to ride long distances. I ride alone on mainly flat country roads. It takes me about 3:40 to ride 11 miles and some 4:02 for a 20 mile ride. I am not a competitive rider but would like to know whats a good mile time for long distance riders? I'm relatively new to cycling on a rode bike. Don’t get me wrong. It is not the main objective of my riding, I'm just curious to know what other guys can do.

Some of the people here ride for speed; others don't. There are a lot of factors that will affect your speed. Hills and urban traffic will slow you down. So will flat land with wind. Not to mention rough roads. If your bike isn't in perfect mechanical condition, you can forget about top speed. My advice would be: don't try to compare yourself with other cyclists. Everybody is different. If you want to see how good you are, then compete against yourself. Try to beat your own best time. As for the numbers, many people will reach the average speed of 20 MPH or more, even on long distances. The pros usually ride the Tour De France at average of 25 MPH for the approx 2,200 miles. All the mountains included.