Hi, in the last few weeks, I’ve been having bowel movements once in four days. It is very unusual for me to have constipation for such a long time. I don’t know why is this happening, maybe I’m dehydrated. Anyway, I would like to hear some opinions, which laxative would be good in my case?

Hi, I had painful constipation for a long time, before I tried lactulose. It relieved my pain and cured constipation. Lactulose is an osmotic laxative, which mean it works by increasing the amount of water in your stools, and makes it easier too pass. However, you might need another kind of laxative. There are also stimulant laxatives that are speeding up the movements of the intestines. However, before you use anything, make shore that you have a real constipation, because it could be something else. There could be another underlying cause of this condition, and you could just worsen it by taking medicines on your own. It is weird that your constipation started so suddenly, and has lasted constantly since then. Maybe you started to use some new drug at the same time, and didn’t realize that its side effect is constipation