How soon can I do a pregnancy test after intercourse? I had intercourse on may 20 and on may 29(evening). My boyfriend pulled out and I used foam/spermacide (we've done this for 3 years with no problem). My period was suppose to start on may 25. I am now 18 days late for my period. On june 4th(noon), I took a pregnancy test (answer which detects hcg at 100 iu)and it came out negative (5 days after my last sexually activety). Is this too soon for a test? I was 5 days late last month and on time/normal the previous 5 months. I am 3-5 days lates periodically. I was also 12 days late once back in 5/2004. Im worried and stessed out. I took a clear blue digital test which detecrs hcg at 50 iu and it came out negative on June 8. I took a first response test on june 9th which detects at 25 IU and it came out negative. Do u think i'm pregnant? I have ordered Aimstick HPT which is suppose to detect at 20 IU. I'll do more tests this week. Thanks please help soon

Ok, first of all whenever you think you might be pregnant...Try not to stress out too much because that can make you be late. Also about pregnancy tests I believe you have to wait until you missed a period, then take a test and if it's negative but you're still worried try a few more in the following weeks. :-)

hi! thanks for the reply. i am late for my period, 18 days late now.

Well I know that the 20 IU can detect 6-8 days after..I dont know if this means 6-8 after intercourse or 6-8 days after you get pregnant. But it can detect before you miss your period. However, if you keep getting negative and you're not getting your period you should really go to a doctor and get a blood test. If it's still negative you need to seek professional medical advice.

I'm confused! My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex and I took a pregnancy test 8 days later. It came out negative..! I have a few pregnancy symptoms, but not a lot. Did I test too early?

Hello There! You know I came here to look for an answer to my questions too. I have thesame problem exactly as you. Me & Hubby had unprotected sex, but used the Viginal Contraceptive Foam the next morning. But then now I am more than 1 week late for my period. We did a pregnancy test, the one that says "early pregnancy test, use right after you miss your period".... but we got the negative result. But until now... I'm still so late.....
I was thinking that maybe the foam can cause the late of mentrual period? And same as you, I felt like I have some symtoms of pregnancy but not all, or I might be just paranoid that feelings things... you know... I don't know what to do to... but i told my husband that if ever after this month an not getting a period I will take another test and then if it still negative, I will go to the doctor.

I think that I may be pregnant. This will be my 5th pregnancy if I am. Anyway, I have been having some symptoms like Extreme fatigue, moodiness, irritability, nausea, I missed my period (which is always late anyway). But the home pregnacy test that I took was negative. I mean, I sometimes go through this little ritual right before I get pregnant. I mean I just know that I am pregnant for like three months and I won't be and then I get really sick and then everyone starts to ask me if I am pregnant. And through all of this I really am not and then like out of the blue, like two weeks later I find out that I am pregnant. It happens every time. Anyway, I've taken a test and it's negative but I know that I am pregnant. I mean I can just feel it. I was just wondering if anybody out there has ever been through anything similar.

My husband and I had sex about close to 2 weeks ago, we are trying to have another child.
How long do I have to wait to see if I am pregnant??
Do I take a test the next day or the next couple of days?
We had sex when i was on my period, does that help getting pregnant?

You have to wait until you miss your period. You can't just have sex, and then a week later, take the pregnancy test and expect anything to show up.
Even if you get the most sensitive test out there, you have to miss your period before anything will show up.
It is possible to get an early result, but only about 4 or 5 days earlier than your missed period at best.
Stop stressing, that's probably what's causing your missed period.
If you're really worried about it, go get a blood test done.

can anyone tell me if i ovulated and had sex on day 21 of my cycle, when would a pregnancy test be reliable if my period is due just 7 days after the event (and it has not arrived)

hey, i had sex with my boybriend,with out protection and the thing is that i lost my period chart, and i can not remember when im supposed to get my period again.
is there a pregnancy test that i can take like days before sex to tell if im pregnant?... because most people say that you have to take the test after you missed your perios and i dont know when that would be.

You need to take pregnancy tests only if you are late. There really is no sense trying to take one BEFORE your period is late... STRESSING out about being pregnant WILL make you late as well. If you tested NEGATIVE after taking a prengancy test, try again a week later if your preiod doesn't show up.
Stressing plays a big role. I too did the same thing... and yes you will even gather up pregnancy symtoms too if you think you are, including sore breasts and *nausea... (*being the most common one.)
So if you test negative and still no sign of your period, take it again. Do not drink or smoke until you know for sure. Good luck.

I see a few people out there that I have had similar experiences,... for one, I have missed my period and I stressed out about it and then it was weeks late! Finally I got it, but do try not to stress, not only will it mess with your cycle, it also has effects on a baby if you are pregnant... And also, it doesn't really help to have sex on your period if you're trying to get pregnant... The woman is fertile during ovulation which occurs before your moon cycle. Usually a small degree rise in temperature and an egg like discharge are signs of ovulation. A man's sperm can be alive for days, so even if you had sex a day or so before you ovulate, it would be possible for the sperm to still be alive and swimming to their goal!! I would get a blood test done if I had a missed period and was concerned about it. My big question is that I am breastfeeding and I just spotted, I haven't got the results back yet from the blood test, but I just realized that I had sex only 6 days before the blood test and am concerned that I may want to test again if it is negative... but I do not have a period yet since I am breastfeeding. So, I think 10 days after conception the blood test is more than 99 percent accurate.

FIRST RESPONSE® Early Result Pregnancy Test detects hCG in urine five days before your missed period.1 FIRST RESPONSE® is over 99% accurate at detecting typical pregnancy hormone levels from the day of your expected period.2

My boyfriend and I were both virgins until 2.5 weeks ago we decided to have sex. It was a couple days after my period. There has been two times we had unprotected sex but it only lasted about 10 seconds eachtime because i made him pull out. My boyfriend has never had an orgasm while we've had sex or "cum". Which is weird, i know. But yesterday I felt very sick to my stomach. It was like period cramps. My period shouldn't come until the 10th today is the 5th. I went to the bathroom and i found really light bleeding with a white discharge. Today it was more intense and it was intense bleeding. I don't know if this is my period coming early, or if it's "spotting". Today i took a pregnancy test and it came out negative. Is it too early to tell? Could i be prenant even though he didn't "cum"? Could i be pregnant though it lasted only about 10 seconds? Is it too early to get these cramping symptoms, nausia? PLEASEEE HELP ME. I'm only 16 and i can't have a kid :[