just got this same problem we had sex 1 week after the abortion then took a break... shel was bleeding for about 3 weeks and now just got feeling comfortable enough to have sex again and now on the 3rd week is getting a positive pregnacy test how soon could she have gotten pregnant especially cuz she never stopped bleeding.... but she did just stop bleeding

also she never passed blood clots any bigger than a golf ball they said that there should be ones the size of lemons she was 6 weeks along we did the abortion with pills at home via planned parenthood

could she really be pregnant again basically 2 and a half weeks after the abortion is basically what im asking too.

Pregnancy is possible right after an abortion, just like right after childbirth it is possible.... ALWAYS use condoms or birth control when having sex..Unless you want a baby...

You should know that the hcg levels (this is what a pregnancy test detects) can remain high enough to measure even a couple of weeks after a miscarrriage or abortion. So a positive test may not mean anything just yet. It maybe a false positive. Wait a couple of weeks and repeat hpt or you could go to a doctor and have blood work done.

YES! she should have much more carefully followed the instructions given to her by her doctor. after an abortion you are not allowed to have any kind of sexual intercourse for 2 weeks as you are actually much More likely to get pregnant in this time period, not to mention you can actually injure yourself as your body is still healing from the abortion. your body still has high hormone levels and is still in "pregnancy mode", so it is very easy to get pregnant in this time. And bleeding has absolutely nothing to do with it, you can easily get pregnant while bleeding after an abortion, or while on your period - blood has nothing to do with your ovulation. you also need to be extra careful right after an abortion to use alternate methods of birth control other then the pill, if that is what she is using as birth control, because your hormone levels can alter the effectiveness of the pill and condoms should be used.

also everyone bleeds differently, you dont not "have" to have large clots - every womans body is different, and depending on how far along you are and how you react to the medicine it varys.

so basically, yes it is very possible - it is actually likely if you werent using any form of birth control. i suggest that she sees a doctor right away to have a formal test and to make sure that she is ok, she should have had a follow up visit to the doctor 2 weeks after the abortion anyway to ensure that the abortion was successful.

following your doctors instructions is very important. and you shouldnt have been so eager to go at it again just 1 week after she had an abortion and you should have been especially careful with using proper birth control after something like this. she may have to go through another abortion because of it.

i had an abortion about a year and four months ago ( the worst thing ive ever doen in my life) but after i had the abortion i was put on the depo shot for about nine months i then got off the depo shot because it was causing me not to have mentrual cycles i then was put on the pill which i did not take because i wanted to get pregnant i havent taken any kind of birth control or used any kind of protection for about four months now and i still cant seem to get pregant. how can i get pregant??? i know i have to be ovulating and all that but how do i know when that is??? i really want to have a baby is there something wrong with me can i not have kids i needs this emotionally physically and all other ways i cant describe!!! please help me!!!

Very possible to be pregnant after an abortion. Had one 6 weeks ago just about and am now pregnant again.

There's stories all over the Internet of women getting pregnant right after an abortion. I'm sure your body is just fine. They say it takes at least six months to get pregnant after you try. For some couples it takes a year or up to two years. But if you don't get pregnant by six months you can go to the Doctor just for him/her to check your fertlility. Not getting pregnant right away does not mean there's something wrong with you sometimes it just takes a few tries. And just like you I want to have a baby. I had an abortion 6 weeks ago and regret it so deeply. I feel is the worse thing I have done in my life and now from the bottom of my heart I want a child. I feel I need a child physically, emotianally and all ways I can't describe. I just like you said. I know it won't be the same baby. It will be a whole new baby but that baby will be my child and I will do things right for him/her this time around. I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL. Don't worry too much. You only been 4 months withouth birth control and if something is not perfectly right there's medication that can help. It might just be a minor detail! But I know you will be just fine. ALL MY BEST WISHES AND LOVE TO YOU.

What type of abortion did you have? Medical or surgical?

I had the surgical procedure at 3 weeks gestational age. They doubled check to make sure it was indeed successful (By taking my quants).

I had a abortion in September of this year, and my husband an i want to try again. The abortion was done on September 11, 2008 exactly, and we had sexual intercourse the 13, and everyday since. i'm started to get really depressed, because i didnt know i was pregnant, and was taking alot of medication so we didnt want to take a chance. i took a pt test, and it came out negative. so when can i get pregnant? or did i take the pregnancy test too soon?

hey i just took the pill from planned parenthood at the beginning of march and i tested positive on two home pregnancy tests this past week, a test at the doctor, and yet and still, with the ultra sound, the doctors couldn't see anything. I had sex like a week and a half after taking the pills and haven't stopped sinced then. Am I pregnant?

i recently had a surgical abortion 8 days ago, i have just been spotting.... also i deeply regret so bad.. but i wasnt getting the support from my husband....... i really have been worrrying my self that i wont be able to have children,, i really want to know is it safe to try to get pregnant after one month... i went to the E R 4 days ago because of lower back pains... i was so paranoid because that was my first time ever getting an abortion.... the gyn checked and she said my uterus is already shrinking and my cervix is completely close..... so is is safe to try to get prego in one month

i have the same question i had an abortion about 10 months ago and now we are trying to conceive and im just worried that i wont be able to because of the abortion. i hope im not "broken" if you know what i mean, we really want to have a baby but we haven been able to conceive.

you are not broken. i had two surgical abortions more than 10 years ago. i now have a 17 month old child and became pregnant again two months ago. i had the same worries. don't worry. you will become pregnant again. have faith and forgive yourself.

i had an abortion last year november and right now i'm pregnant. so it doesnt matter if u have done it maybe it was for the best reason n yes u can get pregnant again, i use to believe that i couldnt get pregnant again but i was wrong