I have a question that nobody of my friends knows. I know there are pregnancy tests and I have seen how it looks. One friend of mine uses it when her period was missing for 20 days. However, I want to know how soon after implantation can I take pregnancy test. I do not think I need to wait that long, so I need exact number of days are minimum I should wait.

There are early prediction home pregnancy tests available that claim to detect pregnancy as early as 6 days past ovulation. This means right away after implantation take place, because usually it takes around six days for fertilized egg to implant. It takes so long since spermatozoid connect with ovum in external third of fallopian tube, so it travels to back wall of your uterus around 6 days. However, in spite of their claims, most are not sensitive enough to guarantee you an accurate result at this point, so early. By 14 days after fertilization, which is about the time you would expect your period, most home pregnancy tests may be able to detect if you are pregnant or not. These tests dectect the hormone in your urine and give you a positive result f implantation occur. In fact, you are much more likely to get an accurate result if you wait until a week after your expected period. The fact is that the amount of hCG that these tests detect in the urine on any given day after implantation can vary a great deal from one woman to another. Some tests claim to be sensitive enough to detect the levels of hCG that most pregnant women were likely to have on the first day of their missed period. Most of the other tests were only sensitive enough to pick up about 16 percent of pregnancies at that point.

NOT 6 DAYS after implantation, 5-6 days before a PERIOD...

It is generally advised to take a pregnancy test about 14 days after sex..YOU CANNOT know when implantation takes place, but you can know when the last time you had sex was.

hi shehorn

your information was of great help. thanks, i took home pregnancy test 5 days after my implantation bleeding and it was negative. now, over a week after the implantation bleeding i still havent got my periods and i have decided to take the home pregnancy tests 3weeks after ovulation

Did you get a positive or not????? No one ever says. lol I am in the same boat as laetitia. And want to know how the story ended?? %-)

The day after my missed period, I took first response and EPT and they both came back positive, I guess it all depends on the type you use!

I had implantation for exactly 6 days, on the 7th day, right after the bleeding stopped, I took a pregnancy test, I was surprised to find it was positive. The two lines on the test were very dark, I took the test twice because I could not believe that I tested positive for pregnancy that fast.

There is this company online that one of my friends told me about that can detect a pregnancy very early, I think their website is early-pregnancy-tests.com. I order a few test from them because I figure I'd test now, and then wait a week after implantation and test again.... I was surprised to find out so soon I was pregnant, does anyone know how this is possible?

Anyway, They are worth given a shot, the tests were pretty cheap in price also.

PLEASE read the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility". If you take your waking temperature daily, you will know on what day you ovulated. Ten high temperatures after the day you ovulated & you are pregnant - according to the book and natural family planning techniques. 12-16 days after ovulation, you will get a period no matter what your cycle length. The key is knowing the day you ovulate - the day your waking temp. begins to stay higher than usual. You can chart this for several months to understand. f.ex. when my temp goes above 98.1, I have ovulated. The temp drops when you menstruate again. Ovulation sometimes comes with spotting and VERY mild cramps - mittelschmerz. 10 days after you ovulate, take the HP test.

:-D The test from early preg test website claim they can detect hcg levels from about 20 hcg. The tests at local drug stores vary and some can show positive at 50 hcg and 100 hcg. Early response 5 day sooner test is rated to pick up hcg at 50. It depends on what the level your test is set to pick up.

I'm not sure if I'm pregnant yet but I'm having light bleeding... or what I think is implantation. I took a test before (what I think is ) implantation and it came back negative and I've taken a test during it and it came back negative also. I'm going to wait untill it stops and take another one... but does it really work that fast. Could I take the test the day after or would it be best to wait? I'm not sure if this is a really slow period or if it's implantation.... please help.

i am unsure of my symptoms that i have an whether or not i could be pregnant. my stomache has been hurting for about 3 days i have felt a lil dizy and my main feelings is just this weird feeling in my stomache like im extremely nervous. no one seems to talk about nervous feelings or like a butterfly feeling. I started having sight pain in my back but im not sure how much of the symptoms are in my head or not. i just wanted to know. my period is not due til next week either so i am unsure of how soon i would know this, it has been a week and two days since i had sex.

Hi isis129, I was really interested in your post, as I have had light spotting for the last 7 days. It started on cycle day 17 I was told implantation lasts for 1 day? what sort of implantation bleeding did you get if u dont mind me asking was it like a period or just spotting??

Would love some feed back as im a bit confused as to whats going on with me!

I agree with your question. I want to know how long after you experience implantation bleeding, do you have to wait until you take a pregnancy test?

I was a day late on my period, as what I thought and took a pregnancy test and it was negative. The next day I thought I was starting.... but I only spotted and its been 24hrs and nothing. I think that was implantation bleeding... *I hope*. Anyway, could someone please let me know when they think I should take the pg tests. Thanks.

Anonymous wrote:

isis129 wrote:

I had implantation for exactly 6 days

Implantation spotting normally lasts aprox. 2-3 days, or less. Sometimes implantation bleeding is only seen once and not over the course of a few days. The bleeding is light, and brown to pink, not normally bright red as is menstral fluid.

I know this is a really old post but taking charge of your fertility say 18 days of high temps you are pregnant NOT TEN DAYS. Don't tell someone to read the book when your information is not correct.