I had sex on New Year's. My period is irregular all the time so how soon would I be able to tell I'm pregnant?

In general, you can tell if you are pregnant as soon as you miss a period. You can take a pregnancy test on the same day your period was due but it didn't come - you should have enough hCG, the hormone pregnancy tests detect, in your urine at that time if you are pregnant. 

When you have irregular periods, that question of can I be pregnant becomes harder to answer. You should be able to test about two weeks after you had sex though, if you don't regularly have unprotected sex. If you do, and you are trying to conceive, just take pregnancy tests like once a week. 

Pregnancy symptoms can also show up within two weeks or so, by the way. 

You can tart testing for preganncy about 14 days after sex.

You would not know you are pregnant for 2-3 weeks after sex.

i was just wondering.. i did an at home pregnancy test and it said negitive. but i've been realy sick every morning for the past week. me and my boyfriend have sex nearly every night. im on the pill but i always mess it up. how soon can i know if i'm pregnant? would it show up on a test before i had morning sickness?

it doesn't always show up on a hpt in early pregnancies it depends on which test you take and the sensitivity of that test. For example me I ovulated 9/10 of this month within less then a wk i started feeling tried, nausea, & sore breast I took a test 8 days after ovualtion 2 test came back positive while another came back negative I repeated the test that came back negative yesterday and got a faint positive. Every test is different in what strength of the HCG hormone they detect good luck

I have had sex with someone I shouldn't have and stupidly did not use protection. I'm worried I could have got pregnant, how long will I
It be before I know or atleast know I'm out of worrying if I am???

Any help please xxx

Icebreaker wrote:

I had sex about a week ago and I have a really bad feeling I may be pregnant. Is there any way to tell this early without a pregnancy test?

i have sex with my man alot....and i took a test and it said neg<so i dont know if im on my period cause i havent started my period for 2mouths  and my boobies hert?

hi my friend said the other day that she had unprotected sex and then she did a pregnancy test 2 days later and it came up positive. Is that even possible?%-)

ok me and my bf had sex on sat and i had my period on the 6th and we did it at first without a condom then we put one on can i get pregnant if he pre came?

AFTER HW MANY DAYS I CN GET PREGNANT AFTER HVIN INTERCOURSE HAD ON 3RD JULY

hi. i had unprotective sex with a boy on the 15/7, i was coming off my period i was in the 5th day in it, they dont really last long anyway, and i was just wondering if it possible to get preganant being on my period and when can i take a test!!

ok so im on birth control but had sex without protection about a month in a half ago, and for the past 1 1/2 weeks my breast have been really sore. i was just wondering if u can still get preganant while being on birth control?

thanks for that...my son's girlfriend said she had sex on saturday night and she is on depo provera....she is now saying that she is pregnant...can this be true?

Yes pre cum can also get you pregnant.