Well I'm 24 years old and me and my husband have been trying for our first for a couple days now. In the past year and a half I have had only 3 periods. The first in December 2011 the second in June 2012, and this last one lasted from May 23rd,2013-June 11th 2013. So this last period lasted a good 2 and a half weeks. Me and my husband had unprotected sex on June 12th and 13th. On the 12th (the day after my period ended) we had sex and I started just spotting for the remainder of the day. And then it stopped by the next morning. We had sex again (the 13th) and no bleeding happened that time. It's been 3 days since we first had sex. I know it more than likely is too early to tell but I have had some cramping, little bit of back pain and I have been urinating a bit more than usual. I have been tired all day today! Extremely tired! I went to my obgyn yesterday to make sure I can get pregnant and everything was fine. Since my period was so long, 2 weeks from the 23rd is right now. With that said Am I fertile? Did I ovulate even though I was on my period at the time I needed to ovulate. Is there a big chance I am pregnant?

I also started spotting. Only when I wipe thougj. This makes 4 days since unprotected sex. I've had cramping. Still tired.

Hi there, Just wondering how your doctor considers your very irregular periods fine?????? I would think that before a doctor would tell you that "you can get pregnant" he/she would prescribe you something to regulate your periods first....... As far as ovulation there is a good chance not saying your not but it's a VERY good chance that your not even ovulating, due to your periods being so irregular...... I would definitely speak with the doctor about possibly prescribing something for those periods...... Provera helped with regulating my periods... Good luck!

Hi Chelmarie,

The ovulation prediction time of around the 14th day of a cycle is based on a 28 day regular cycle, in fact women don't ovulate on day 14 of their cycle so to speak, it works backwards,  You ovulate 14 days before your period is due, so if for example you have a 45 day cycle you wont be ovulating on day 14 its more likely it will occur on day 31.  Therefore women with more irregular cycles can find it much harder to pinpoint the best time to have sex if they are trying to conceive.  There is a site - and I'm sure there are others, I doubt the link will stay if I post if, so you would need to search 'baby center ovulation calculator'

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

This is again only good for upto a 45 day cycle, It will ask you the date of your last period, how long your cycle is and then predict for you when you may be ovulating.Also with irregular periods as I have mentioned the counting days method is not always helpful so you may want to look into together ways to tell when you are ovulating.  Some women can tell by a change in their discharge, it becomes almost like snot for a few days, or by keeping an eye on your temperature, you can also feel more aroused and needful of sex when ovulating as your body is telling you 'hello now I can make a baby now go do this' lol you can also buy prediction kits, but they are expensive and to be honest I dont know how they work with an irregular cycle.  I'm sorry this was probably not the answer you were looking for but I hope it helps you in the future.<3