It is very hard for me to live with my husband, looking how he is constantly depressed. I don’t know how to talk to him anymore and since he tried suicide I became frightened leave him alone at home and I can’t divorce him, but this is not marriage anymore. How to cope with suicidal husband? I don’t know who to ask this.

The fact is that depression is a major problem in distressed marriages. It puts an enormous burden on a marriage. Whoever is the depressed spouse, the tendency is for the healthy spouse to become depressed a result of the hostility, conflict, and hopelessness expressed in the household. The increased frustration and unhappiness experienced by the healthier spouse often leads to isolation, and divorce. You should ask professional help and advice how to cope with suicidal person. You probably need medication and psychotherapy if he is not already. Also couples therapy or family therapies are necessary to help prevent a relapse, as well as to enable other family members to cope.