I've been addicted and abusing for only a year and a few months. The worst points in my addiction were doing 4-5 80mg OxyContin pills or shooting Heroine. I lost my job, my friends and had to relocate across the country to move back in with my family. I thought I was in the clear but turns out my Mother is prescribed 100mg pills of morphine which I managed to abuse every day. Man stealing from your mother who has LEGIT pain issues made me want to kill myself, that is LOW. I honestly almost bit the bullet after it finally sunk in what I was doing. So that is my story, and here is how I overcame it which is still a process in the works:

I stopped using all the drugs, I went and purchased a safe so my mother could lock up her drugs from me (I know it's sad but it had to be done). I made new friends who had no affiliation to any drugs! I made an appointment to see a therapist and joined the Here to Help program provided by the makers of Suboxone. I tried cold turkey and yes you can get off the drug but it HURTS LIKE HELL. One night I was so depressed I took over 40mg of Klonopin and somehow I woke up the next morning. I needed help and I know there are a lot out there like me that need help to. Please don't go in it cold turkey! It's the worst thing you can do, here is what I did/am doing and urge you to please give it a try:

1. I made an appointment with my therapist who could prescribe Suboxone.
2. I started drinking something called Xango, it is a juice made from the Mangosteen fruit which ACTUALLY RELIEVES body aches and muscle aches. Again it is called Xango, I am not sure how much it cost but my doctor gave it to me for free. You take only like 1-3 ounces and just hold it under your tongue like Suboxone and it almost instantly started to make me feel better. It also is a powerful anti-oxidant, the juice is amazing for your body and wellness so no matter what it is good to have!
3. Imodium, I had to stop using it because I did get a prescription for Suboxone and was advised not to take it at the same time with it.
4. SUBOXONE: I don't care what anyone says but this is a miracle drug. I have been on it for a week and if taken properly IT REALLY HELPS. It does not make me high, I do not have my withdrawal symptoms, and I can just be myself. It kills all my cravings for opiates, I don't crave Suboxone (tastes nasty) and I am going to be only taking this for a month or so and wean off it. Yes I will have some withdrawals from that but it is nowhere near as bad as coming off heroine or morphine withdrawals!

This may be inappropriate to post, but honestly the best way to get off the drug is through the exact cliche or what I thought was a cliche. You need a solid support group, you need a addiction support counseling service, and I highly recommend Suboxone treatment! Also this Xango stuff works so well, like I said when I drank it, held it under my tongue it started to take away my body ache while I was waiting to be treated. You will also need some serious therapy, opioids torture not only your body but your mind as well. I was clean for a short period and I had a dream about snorting some OC's and I experienced withdrawals for two days, after being clean for a month. This is when I knew I needed help, so please take my advice and seek help. Get into Suboxone treatment (it really works and for me I have no addiction to it just using it to kick my addiction), get a good therapist someone who you can easily trust and talk to especially one who specializes in drug abuse and cognitive thinking, get the Xango juice (it really helps and it is really good for you), be open and honest with your closest friends and family, and see a support group with other addicts. It really helps to get help with people who are having the same problems as you. For me it didn't make me feel alone in the world. I'm just blabbing on but I see so many posts for home remedies and honestly it just doesn't work!

(I know Suboxone treatment isn't cheap but my insurance payed for half the prescription and my doctor gave me a coupon for $75 off the prescription and it is worth every penny!)

Feel free to PM me if you need someone to talk to. :-)

According to your post it's been about 7 months "How are you doing today?"

How is life going for you today? Seeings how this post was over a year ago, you might have more suggestions. Thank you!

Hello I just read your post and it really is helpful it gives me some hope for my life. I suffer with a bulging disc in my lower back and there are times when I can barely walk....this is when I started taking the meds and it just seems like I need more and more.....I currently am abusing tramadol.....I dont and havent gotten into cocaine or herion or anything like that but to me anything can become an addiction....I want to releive my pain but also take less of this so I am currently trying to see what the best options are for me.I also suffer with depression/anxiety/bi-polar disorder and being in pain makes EVERYTHING feel so much worse.I would love to be able to stay in contact with you THANK YOU so much for being candid and open.Society makes you feeel like such a bad person for needing help. Your post almost brought tears to my eyes.....

Adrienne  

My son has been snorting this stuff for sometime now. What is the best way to get him clean. I brought him to get the Suboxone but I don't believe he is taking it like he should. Do you have any suggestion on how to get him clean or at least make him realize what he is doing to himself and my family.

Is this whole story an advertisement for Suboxone?

i got that distinct impression myself.

and, if it's not, it's very clear that this person has only been on Suboxone a very brief time (a week, they say). i was on Suboxone for ten years, and let me tell you, Suboxone is the absolutely WORST drug ever made. if anyone reading this is thinking of taking Suboxone (or Subutex, or any other high-dose buprenorphine treatment), i would *beg* you to reconsider, and read some user experiences. if you do go that route, i would HIGHLY encourage you to stay on it for no more than a week or so. Suboxone has a HUGE amount of buprenorphine, which has an impossibly long half-life. Prior to Suboxone's FDA approval, burprenorphine was used in the MICROgram range to treat moderate to severe pain. Suboxone contains buprenorphine in 2 and 8 MILLIgram amounts. it is a HUGE amount of medication, and the only reason they get away with this is because of the so-called "ceiling effect" it has. The end result is that you are taking an ENORMOUS amount of this medication - even in its lowest manufactured dose - and you're taking a new dose long before your body has had a chance to eliminate the prior dose. It piles up in your body like wrecked cars on a foggy highway, and when it comes time to get off Suboxone - IF you ever manage to get off it - you are in for one hell of a surprise. If you thought a week was a long time to go through the hell of opiate withdrawal, then you're in for a whole new definition and flavor of hell. It makes less than no difference if the withdrawal from Suboxone is supposed to be "milder" than withdrawal from a full opiate agonist, when that withdrawal is persisting for weeks and months. Add to that the fact that the body uses nutrients in order to detox itself, and what happens is you lose MASSIVE amounts of nutrients in the process of ridding your body of this supremely evil c**p.

I jumped from 8mg/day after 10 years, and it is solely by the Grace of God (and TONS of sodium ascorbate) that i ever got through this. I cannot stress it enough: think LONG AND HARD before EVER getting on this soul-sucking, life-destroying "medication." there is a much easier, much cheaper way of getting off of opiates, and to do so PAINLESSLY:

Look up "THE KWASHIORKOR HYPOASCORBEMIA APPROACH TO DRUG ADDICTION THERAPY" and "THE ATTENUATION OF HEROIN WITHDRAWAL SYNDROME BY THE ADMINISTRATION OF HIGH DOSE VITAMIN C." There's lots more info on this modality, its efficacy, and how to do it, but since it's natural and cannot be patented, you will not see modern "medicine" (or what passes for it) advertising this method.

In fact, in the second study I just mentioned, the author states that a panel of Federal drug abuse policy reps bore witness to the efficacy of this means of painless withdrawal, and - suspiciously - it seems that Suboxone was invented shortly thereafter. i have some very strong suspicions that there was a connection here, and the evil bastards at Reckitt Benckiser, ever concerned about the almighty dollar, actually devised Suboxone as a means of making the sodium ascorbate method as difficult as possible, since the extremely high binding affinity and long half-life of buprenorphine really interferes and makes the use of the Vitamin C method much, much less efficacious.

Bottom line: DO. NOT. GO. ON. SUBOXONE.

Just research, starting from the two studies i just mentioned, and do THAT instead! keep yourself AT BOWEL TOLERANCE, CONSISTENTLY, FOR AT LEAST A WEEK.

You will think you've discovered the cure for cancer.

And STAY OFF OF THAT POISON. Call me when the inevitable class action lawsuit gets launched!

Wow this is unbelievably important information and bears truth with the fact that the fda does not want to use natural products because they make no money on them. I have been in the substance abuse field for 20 years and I have never heard of this study. Its a crime that this has never been even tried. I am certainly going to try to forward this to the right hands. Thank you very much anonymous guest...

Thank you for posting this for others to benefit from.

How is you son? I learned that vit c truly does help. I tefer d it to family. I k ow it seems to good to be true. But I seen it help a lot... I mean doses that may cause some stomach pain. Like 40 to 1000 grams.. But for what I seen it seems my friend could handle it after adjusting to it. I know u maybe concerned about these amounts but I never read a true long lasting danger other than stomach pain for some.. I hope the best for your son...