Suboxone is a WONDER DRUG!!!!

After reading a ton of these posts I wanted to answer some questions and also have a few of my own.

MY HISTORY
I have been using oxycontin recreationally for about 5 years now and on a daily basis for about 12 months. I was using about 200mgs a day. I have used Suboxone in the past to get me thru days I couldn't score, but for only that. I have had some experience with the W/D symptoms of oxycontin - I went on vacation about 6 months ago - and had nothing to get me thru 5 days. I had all the terrible symptoms - diahrea - headaches - worst ever is the insomnia and chills all day - but by the 4th day I was so much better. Too bad I came home and got high immediately.

Anyways, over the time I was getting high I made it a habit to collect subs on the street whenever I could - envisioning the day that I would truly want to get clean. So I had about 10 pills. I decided Monday was the day to start. I am determined to get over this but am on the fence on whether or not to go see a doctor at a clinic. Here's what I have taken the past 3 days...

Day 1 - 8mg tablet when I woke up
Day 2 - 4mgs when I woke up - 4mgs after dinner
Day 3 - 2 mgs at 4PM - 2 mgs at 8PM

I have read that some people have had experience and luck doing a 14 day taper; can anyone shed any light on this? I am not looking to be on this drug for 2 years before I start to taper off. The longer this stuff is in your system, the longer it takes to get out - I do know that. But is this just false pretense thinking that I can kick a daily habit of a year in as little as two weeks? I am going to see the doctor tomorrow and I am just hoping that I tell him my dosage for this week and he will agree that I can cut this stuff out fast. Maybe even have some mercy on me and throw me a couple valiums/other benzo to help with any anxiety.

All I can say is this. I am finally determined to get clean and I know subs are a great way to do it. I feel just about 100%. Even when I used to get high - I mean it felt good - but a lot of times I would just do too much - and feel shitty anyway. But I am feeling good on just the dosage that I have been taking and am not going to let the doctor put me on more. Even if he wants me to I will not do it. Sorry for rambling...

Anyone who has any experience with a 14 day taper/anything else that might be useful I would appreciate your input.

THANKS!

Here is my follow up to the previous post. (I don't know if you guys read the other post I made, but if you did you are probably thinking this guy is nuts).

So - I ended up going to see the doctor. It was more of a clinic for people who have addiction problems, but it turned out to be a good move. I went on Day 5 - the first day I hadn't taken anything. I was pretty sweaty and sneazed about 50 times that day, but I was excited to see the doctor. I told him what I had been doing, and what I wanted to do- get clean and not take the suboxone if I didn't need it. He totally agreed. He said if you don't need anything to make you feel OK - then don't take anything. He gave me a script for 20 - 2mg subs and told me not to take them unless I needed them. I also told him I was a little anxious so he gave me about 10 xanex. He did warn though not to take the xanex for a week straight and stop that either because that could cause withdrawal as well.

Anyways - today is day 24. I have been smoking weed for my anxiety - who doesn't like weed? The doctor actually encouraged this. He said use the weed to get you through the bad part of the whole ordeal. So I did.

I went back to see him the next week (you must by law after being prescriped subs) and gave him the bottle of all 20 subs. I was still sweaty and sneazing a ton, but who can't deal with that? I didn't have diahrea, or insomnia - I lost one night sleep, that's it. And believe me, like I said earlier I completely understand withdrawals - I have been through it!!! I was only using at the end because I didn't want to get sick! I finally got rid of that pressure and depression. That's what it did to me - it made me feel so terrible about myself that I was a legit junkie.

I know other people who went to the clinic and they wanted to be and are now on 32 mgs a day of the suboxone. They say that they feel 100% all day, and they have no cravings to get high. Not only that but if they were to try and get high it wouldn't work. That's them. I didn't want to be on the drug that long, i read all of the horror stories of people with terrible W/D's months after stopping. Well let my story serve as proof that you DO NOT NEED TO DO THAT. I know every person is different but I was fine.

I was tired with no energy for the first week clean - and was sneezing all day. But every morning that I woke up and could say I went today without any pills - I felt great about it. Now, on day 24 I still sneeze about 30 times a day - big deal. I still am a little sweaty, but it is easing back day by day. I have plenty of energy and am happier and clearer than I have been in a long time.

If you want to get clean of the dope/oxys and can score a few subs and are head strong - you can do it..... I did it - but seeing the doctor made me feel more comfortable about what I was doing.

I hope this helps someone out there! Best of luck to you - please ask any questions you want I check here about once a week.

God bless

hope you're still doin fine i envy you i have tried a few times w/o sub i just went thru a rough spot and almost went in for some but i really am not ready to be done forever and where i'm at you have to attend meetings and groups and i just think it so effing disrespectful when some yaehoo attends treatment sh*t w/o really wanting to be clean ya kno but anyway i made it thru to my refil date and now as long as i be very careful i'll be fine for at least 2 weeks i just dont wanna have to have them i hate them i have finally come to a point in my life where i am content i'm who i've waited all my life to be except i'm also a junkie your story inspires me so cheesey but w/e and really regardless of what youre doin now you did it you know you took back the control high five

Day 43 Update:

About 6 days after my last post things changed a little bit for the better. I don't know what it was - maybe something mental about the 30 day mark, but I woke up that day and felt as I normally did - about 95%. But that day was different as I didn't sneeze once all day. Also, no sweats. And every day since, about 2 weeks, and no more sneezing and no more sweats. I would call myself being back to 99%. The only thing left now is the mental aspect.

There are many days when I want to get high. But I don't. Not because I think I will get hooked again (which is a little of it) but more because even though it will make me feel ridiculously high and good, I will be giving in to it. I have woken up 43 days in a row and have been able to pat myself on the back that I haven't given in to the drug. And if I can rationalize it to myself to do it today, I can rationalize it to myself tomorrow and then next day and the next. Follow?

It's obvious that I cannot be the casual user we all want to be, so why even mess around?? It's not worth it. But whoever is reading this - just make a mental note. 3 - 8 mg subs and A LOTof willpower and you can get off. You have to put up with about a week of discomfort (excess sneezing and excess sweatiness, and being extra tired) and then 2-3 weeks of mild annoyances (little sneezing and little sweatiness) and by day 30 for me I was home free.

I know that there are tons of people out there who just stay on because they are afraid of the W/Ds. And I know everyone has different experiences and feelings about the suboxone. A friend of mine (uses about 300mgs of oxy a day) insists that he will not quit one drug for another. He says that when he gets off he will do it cold turkey. I call BS. That is an excuse he tells himself to rationalize his habit. There is no rule out there stating that you have to stay on subs for months or years. No rule like that exists. I see the point behind his statement, but it will only be trading one for another if you allow/want it to be. So when he, or you, are ready to get off, you can do it without trading one drug habit for another....Not to mention how f*****g hard it is to go thru 4-5 days of sick withdrawals.

Just ranting - sorry if I went on a tangent....Hope this helps- will post again on Day 60. Please respond with any questions, I'm happy to help any and all that I can.

wow!!! you really inspired me!! thanks so much for taking the time, i've been touched for real. i hope you see this an are still well....be safe!!

BIG$$$DOWNTHEDRAIN wrote:

Suboxone is a WONDER DRUG!!!!

MY HISTORY

Day 1 - 8mg tablet when I woke up
Day 3 - 2 mgs at 4PM - 2 mgs at 8PM

THANKS!

I have experience with this. I did not take oxy recreational though i got addicted after 4 hip replacement surgeries in a short time due to a birth defect. And a bad PA that precribed them to me rather then more Lortabs I asked for. I was taking 120 mg a day for over 2 years.  I had to break down and see a pain specialist. He put me on Suboxone at the 8/2 dose, one half pill twice a day. The diahrea almost did me in. So it upped to 3 times a day. I slowly went down to twice a day, then 2, 1/4 twice a day. The just 1/4 a pill a day.  But it took me a good 6 months to finally win the war.

OMG! Boy - what a crazy 4 years it has been since my last post. Relapse, relapse, relapse city. Luckily after being introduced to counseling, 12 step meetings and meeting other people who've been thru what I have been thru I can proudly say I have 9 months clean from all drugs. Opiates, alcohol, weed, everything. No mas for me. My addiction continued to progress and after overdoses, rehab stints (2), hospital trips (14 days) my life is better today than its ever been. No more getting high, no more dope sickness, no more sketchy drug deals and it feels really good. I know im off topic so if u wanna hear anymore of my experience let me know. Good luck people. Lost dreams awaken and new possibilities arise!

I lied. I am stil using 1/2 of an 8mg a day. I have found if I do not my legs kill me. I went off for 4 days and I could not take it any longer. My legs hurt so bad. But I still feel good that I went from 120+ mg of oxyconton to only 1/2 a tab of the suboxone. My son got addited from stealing my oxy. It has been a 7 year battle with him. I wish they had never invented Oxycontin. It just feels good to me to read other people who have struggled with this addiction. Do I still need pain killers? Probably not. But after 10 years of taking them, I am addicted. But I have to pat myself on the back for going down from 12 mg of suboxone a day to 4 mg. My insurance decided to no longer cover my suboxone, even after my pain doctor wrote to them. So I am on a generic version now called Buprenorphine 8mg that my insurance (a new one) will cover and it only costs me $5 a script. How do you all get suboxone?

we get suboxone by paying out the nose, 100 per visit plus the script.