Hi! I’ve just heard that my dear aunt has all symptoms of vascular dementia. She is very old but I can remember her when she was younger. I like her very much and I want to help her somehow. Please, tell me how to help someone who's suffering from vascular dementia? Thanks!

The most important thing is to be very patient with your aunt and try to show all your love. Individuals with vascular dementia or any other type of dementia should be encouraged to participate in their daily routine, and engage in physical and social activities for as long as possible.

Hello there,

It is great that you want to help your aunt. Usually symptoms of vascular dementia can be very severe and sometimes the damage of the brain can be so severe and it can prevent person suffering from it to continue with her previously life.

So encourage yourself with patience and first of all find out how bad it is and consult her doctor to see what you can do. Try to be as supportive as you can but be aware that there are not many things you can do for her. Show all your love and try to make her days filled with daily routine. Good luck.