I really want to know something about dementia causes. I mean, is it possible that the ones we know and love, become completely helpless. Not only that, they are emotionally unbalanced, they suffer from memory loss, they do not even recognize their own family. Is it possible that human can be reduced to such a pitiful being? I saw all this at my friend's house. His grandmother is suffering from Alzheimer's dementia.

Most often, dementia causes are connected with brain damage. Brain damage can be caused by many things, like brain ischemia, brain infarct, artery sclerosis etc. Unfortunately, consequences of these conditions can emerge as various types of dementia. Yes, it is painful to watch your loved ones as they turn in a complete stranger, but that's exactly how it is. Therefore, many families decide on confining their members of family affected by dementia in hospitals where they can get 24 hour care.