I think my mum is suffering from some form of dementia she is now almost 70 and do you think this dementia condition comes along with aging and is there any effective dementia with aging therapy? She starts even forgetting how to cook despite the fact she always cooked great. I live in another town and she refuses to come to love with me and I am now curious this dementia with aging how far it could go?

It could go very far up to the point where your mum could go out to the grocery store and get lost. Anyway dementia with aging is very common and it is usually manifested as Alzheimer's disease which progress over the time that is with aging so generally there is little you can do. My mum also had this dementia with aging problem and it came to the point I had to hire a woman to watch over her, she also goes occasionally to some behavioral and rehab therapies and is taking some Alzheimer's disease meds and they help in reducing the symptoms but anyway the disease progress no matter what meds are taken. My mum now is not even able to control her urination needs so I would say this is something like final stage of dementia.