it is been almost a year I have noticed my dad has trouble speaking and remembering things and the symptoms are getting even worse he now started having moving difficulties so he finally was diagnosed with vascular dementia and I now am curious what vascular dementia is about and what causes it and is there any chance for him to get recovered from this vascular dementia situation? Thanks!

I am sorry to tell this but I don't think that the chances of getting 100% recovery from vascular dementia are never reachable simply because whenever comes to the vascular dementia diagnose it always means those arteries and vessels that feeds the brain are damaged in sense that they have become blocked and narrowed by the time so it is better you focuses his attention on further possible complications such as the stroke and also pretty soon he may start having bladder and vision problems. Your dad has probably got the proper treatment for he has already been diagnosed so you just keep in mind that is essential using these meds as prescribed for they could help a lot in decreasing the symptoms and slower the illness. Also nutrition is very important in any type of dementia so the same thing worth for vascular dementia also –and the most important is taking food rich in Vitamin B12 complex especially B1 and B3 for the lack of these vitamins may worsen the vascular dementia situation.