I ran a 5:49 mile a weekago out side in Minnesota with nice wind and icey roads i was wondering if i could get some training plans to lower that mile by far any help apperciated thanks!

This thread might be better over at Mid-Packers but if you can currently run a 5:49 single mile it sounds like you are doing pretty well.

The requisite smart-@$$ remark is to run faster!!!!

But seriously,

How much speed work do you do?
Do you have a training partner that is quicker than you?
What do you want to get it down to?

M, Are you on a track team this spring? That would be your easiest ticket to working on the mile.. some structured coaching goes a long way. But that aside, I'll point you to the milers time tested best friend "quarters". Get on the track and run them twice a week in interval sets. One lap hard, half lap recovery. Start with 8 and then work to 10, 12, 14, 16. You're young enough to take your legs on a flurry of speed that runners picking up the sport later in life won't have the wheels to do. So my advice is to get on that track and leave laps of flame

Yes, i am on the track team!
The top two runners that did 800 miles summer work out or run little over that 15 miles a day and i cannot keep up to them, when we do speed work i dont give it all because i think ill wear my self out which now tommorow (4th day of track) with be a distance day so ill do about 5 hard miles, is there any training proframs

Run when there is no ice. Seriously, listen to jrjo.

M, Don't take this wrong, but being on a team gives you something better than any program out there...a coach. They can see your running first hand, assess where you're at, help you with specific workouts to take that next step. Honestly, take the coach aside and tell them you are willing to do whatever it takes and want to know what they recommend.

Back in high school, I spent a couple seasons on a team where we had a state champion cross-country runner and course record holder. And eventual Olympic trials runner. Anyway, in all retrospect, running over-my-head was one of the fastest ways I was able to ramp up my performance. You're at an age where you can recover quickly and take a whole lot more stress than us old codgers. So granted you can't run day in and day out the same pace/mileage as those big guns, don't hold back for fear of exhaustion. I guarantee that if you push it like there's no tomorrow, you'll find tomorrows will start to come one by one, stride by stride closer to those top runners. I've been there and done that

:1:
These are great words of advice to go on MN.
Go out there and give it your all. You might just surprise yourself with what you can accomplish with the hard training you do. Like jrjo said...you are young, you can handle more stress on your body and recover a lot faster than us older folks. I know it's hard not to compare yourself to them, but try not to. Focus in on improving your times and doing the very best that you can do.
One last thing...keep up with it and enjoy yourself. Enjoy this stage of life, your age, high school, being on a track team, etc. Before you know it, it will all be over. You'll look back on the great times you had at this age, reflect, smile and wish you could relive a lot of it. Hopefully you won't look back with any regrets. Many of us do and wish we had that chance all over again. I know I do. I never ran track and will always regret that I didn't. So...enjoy it, savor it and learn from it.
Good Luck MN and give it your all!!!

Tommorow we gotta a Saturday practice and Im going to go with the guys who do the 5 mile in about 34 minutes a push my self and just be glad that i have a chance to run.

Thanks for all the responses!!! Keep running