my Quarter Mile= 57.3 Seconds
My Mile= 5:48 Minutes on a tred so 5:33 not on a tread

it seems my mile should be faster

any ideas?

thanks
plp556

It probably should be faster. There's running calculators that predict your pace for different distances based on one distance you have run. However, I find they aren't very accurate for distances under a mile. Still, you may find them useful.

You said that your pr is 5:48 on a treadmill or 5:33 outdoors. Did you run the 5:33 or did you calculate it based on some treadmill - track conversion?

calculated on a Treadmill comversion
You might want to run a mile on a track to see where you stand. It might be a little faster than you are thinking.

ok ill try that some time this week if i can

thanks
plp556

All those calculators assume one thing. Endurance. Obviously, the endurance for a 400m is going to a whole lot less than the mile. And "being able to run a mile" is not what I'm talking about. It's being able to "race a mile". And to have the stamina to race a mile, you need to have a strong base, good mileage, sharpening and plenty of racing to build to the peak. You might be in great 400m shape, but that is not going to translate to the mile until you get some solid mileage under your belt and have the endurance to keep race-pace for 4-laps.

Online calculators also extend all the way to marathons. Obviously, plugging in your 400m time and extrapolating that to a marathon time is going to give you something very inaccurate unless you have the miles in the bank and the stamina to race 26.2 miles. The same can be said for extending your 400m time to a mile. If you are coming up short on your mile race in comparison to what the calculator predicts, my guess is you haven't got the miles in the bank to fully race the mile to your potential.

thanks for all the replies!