I want to join my Highschool cross country team this year. I am currently trying to lose bodyfat. My jogging pace is about 11min mile, and today I jogged for 40min and I had to stop because my left arm was numb and cold. I wasn't tired at all though.

I know I have to increase my mile speed, probably half it to like a 5:30min mile which is insane, it seems like im sprinting at a 8min mile.

What should I expect from training and whatnot? What should my diet consist of? How much should I eat and what should I eat. Remember, I want to lose bodyfat but still have tons of energy. What supplements would you suggest?

I am 6' 175lb about 16-17% body fat with a size 15 fooy which makes running all the easier(not).

Don't worry about losing body fat - it'll come naturally as your training intensifies. Biggest thing for you to do at this early stage is start racking up miles. Alternate long mileage days and short mileage days and go for two days of rest per week until your body starts adapting to the rigors of running. On your short days, try to pick the pace up as best you can to start helping you learn to run faster.

I heard that there are actually tryouts for cross country. What am I expected to run for during tryouts? how am I expected to perform?

I now that im my school there are no try-outs for any of the teams, including outdoor, indoor, AND X-C. It changes from school to school though so you should ask the coach, and find out first hand. It will also let him know that this is important to you so he can keep that in mind.

running is the only way to improve. You will find drastic improvement as long as you stick with it. Even if you make the JV team,stick with it. The discipline, training and racing will be good for your life. I learned a tremendous amount from my years on the XC team. I still use a lot of what I learned.

Im not to familiar with the "teams". JV is the younger team or something? Varsity is the older or more talented? I have no clue.

Varsity is the main squad of 7 runners. Varsity is the 7 best runners on the cross country team. JV is Junior Varsity, and depending on your state's rules is everyone else. In Minnesota, I believe there is no limit to the number of runners who may compete JV in a race.
Typically the Varsity runners will be the older runners, but not always.

welcome :wavey: as far as your diet goes, please lose all the junk food! complex carbohydrates, whole grain bread, fresh fruit and vegetables and lots of lean protein at meals, lots and lots of water. i dilute gatorade with water 50/50. i'd stay far away from refined sugar products too, they really stress your system and do not make a good post-run refill food. i wouldn't get too concerned about supplements really, if your diet remains healthy with no empty calories, you should be fine. endurox is kind of expensive, but it is a good after run replenisher and available at GNC. it's a powder you mix with water. good luck this fall :wavey: