Hello everyone, I'm new here. I wanted some advise on how to get faster on a 1 1/2 mile run (1/4 mile track). I currently run it in 14 min. I need to get under 11 min in about 2 months. Please any suggestions, comments, or programs will be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Are you running at all right now? Have you done much in the past? What's your 'general fitness' level like? Do you have time to train? Morning, noon-hour, evenings, how much time do you have? What's your area like...trails, bike paths, parks, residential, city sidewalks?
Just a few things to make the equation easier to formulate a program with. :)

I was currently running 3 miles everyother day at about 4 A.M. on the street and doing a spinbike class 3 times a week. I timed myself and I was dying. My conditioning on the spinbike improved dramaticlly and I thought I would do fine on the track, but suprise. I'm 5'7 180 lbs with muscle mass on top.

I live in a residential area, I have a gym membership, and I have acess to a 1/4 mile track. I have to be at work at 6 A.M., so I can run in the morning and also workout in the evening.

Alrighty then...here's what I'd cook up for ya. Add another running day or two a week. And also, get a 'long' run in each weekend. Really push the envelope. The biggest part of distance running (marathons aside) is the concept of 'over distance'. Even though you are racing 1.5-mi, you need to have endurance for 4, 6 and 8-miles. You can pick if you want to run in the mornings or the evenings since both are open for you. What I'd recommend is over the next 2-months follow this schedule, being 6-days of training (one day totally off), the 'x' being a cross-training day to get the spin class in and the numbers being the miles to run.
4/x/4/2/x/4/-
5/x/4/2/x/4/-
6/x/4/2/x/4/-
7/x/4/2/x/5/-
7/x/5/2.5/x/5/-
8/x/5/3/x/5/-
8/x/5.25/3/x/5.25/-
8/x/5.5/3/x/5.5/-
I think you'll find that after the couple months are up, that increased endurance level will be the ticket to making the 1.5-miler much easier to get through. Without having enough of an endurance base, I wouldn't consider doing any kind of speed work right now. You've got to have a base to work from to do that and sharpen your pace, but right now you just don't have that. Just log the miles and get your body used to pushing itself distance-wise, you'll be surprised how well your pace drops with just that simple concept accomplished.

Thanks for the program. I'll try ot out and post how I'm doing.