Hi. I’ve heard a lot of bad things about collarbone fracture. My friend recently has an accident and that frighten me more. In order to know much more about prevention can you tell me what can I do to make that don’t happened to me? Thank you in advance.

The collarbone, also called the clavicle, is the bone over the top of your chest, between your breastbone (sternum) and shoulder blade (scapula). It is easy to feel the clavicle, because unlike other bones which are covered with muscle, only skin covers a large part of the bone. Clavicle fractures are extremely common. Almost all generation could have it, so broken collarbones occur in children, adults, athletes or during many types of accidents and falls. Having a broken collarbone is very common and it can occur different ways, but most people know that they have broken a bone because they often hear the sound of the bone cracking, and there is a lot of pain at the site of the fracture. Many people agreed that it is hard to prevent collarbone fractures. But, in order to prevent it, it is good to know such things. Good advices are not put yourself at risk situations, to take care about the food you eat (food rich in calcium and vitamin D is recommended) and to stay active and build strong muscles to prevent falls.