Hello. I'm 30 year old worried mother and I would like to find out more about the condition my son has developed.
Few days ago, when he came back from playing outside the house, I have noticed a small lump on his left collarbone. That got me really worried because I have never seen anything like it. It was very hard and firm when you're touching it. My son didn’t know anything about it and it wasn’t causing him any pain or discomfort. These last couple of days it hasn’t growth and changed consistency.
Now, I don’t know what to do. Should I be worried about this or should I just leave it and wait to resolve by it self?

Hi. I have just read your post and it has made me thinking about it. I really think that you have no reasons to be worried about this. I will tell you the truth- there are several conditions that could cause this lump. The most common and the probable cause is collarbone fracture. Fractures of the clavicle or collarbone are quite common. The majority of them occur in children but a moderate number also occur in adults. If your son was older I will also tell you that the cause could be some bone cancer or metastasis of some other cancer in body, but in your son’s case- the probable cause is fracture.
Take him anyway to see his general practitioner. One good X-ray picture could solve all this!

Hi, I had the same type of growth on my right collarbone. I later figured it was a harmless calcium buildup. If its big enough, and unsightly, I believe it can be removed in a surgery. My cause was a strike from a backswing with a baseball bat